Chapter 54 - Saving the Impossible

First person; Eleanor's POV.

As the night drew to an end, I went looking for the Salvatore brothers.

"That was a bust." Damon said, looking around to make sure no one had ben paying enough attention to listen.

"Yeah." I reply, "Waste of Time."

-----

3 days later.

I hear a loud and persistent knock on my door. I roll over and check my alarm.

"7 in the morning, are you kidding me?" I groan, getting up and quickly throwing my hair into a loose ponytail.

I go to the door and open it. "This better be really goddamn important-"

"Hey Eleanor." Kol stood in the doorway.

"You've got to be kidding me, can I help you?"

"I think you can if you'd invite me in."

"Nobody owns the house to begin with." I move out of the way so he can come in, "Now what could you possibly want at 7 in the goddamn morning?"

"I want to know why when I was helping Rebekah make a family dinner for us all yesterday and cut myself on the knife, my 4 other siblings felt it too?"

I chuckle, "Oh that parts not me, I know I was up in witch juju land at the party y'all hosted but that was me trying to save a couple people, if I tell you the truth will you promise not to kill me?"

"Fine."

"Your mother took Elena up there because she needed dopplegänger blood to link the 5 of you together so she could kill all of you."

He blinks, "Um, wow, so she was lying."

I nod, "It was in the drink, I couldn't add you to my list so I tried to get to you before the toast, but you drank it before I could."

He nods, "How do we reverse it?"

"That's what I spent until 3am looking for. I realised it was stupid, she kills you lot, every vampire dies, including the ones I bargained not too." I say.

"Okay how am I supposed to tell this to my siblings?" He questions.

"Blame it on Elena, I don't know, just don't mention me, I'm trying to-y'know, live?"

He nods, and then disappears.

"Fuckin'-" I sigh.

----

About an hour, I received a call from Stefan. I answer.

"Elijah has Elena."

"What?"

"He said she lied to him. I guess all of them are linked, Elena and Esther did some spell to link their blood."

"Okay, great, that's lovely. So what's the plan?"

"Go try to persuade Elijah maybe?"

I cough.

"What? You want me to go try to convince an angry original vampire on kindness and second chances?"

"..."

"Stefan there's no way in hel-"

I sigh, "Alright."