XXIII. Impromptu Pier Performances

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

ACT MY AGE — ONE DIRECTION I won't act my ageNo, I'll still feel the same around you

I won't act my age
No, I'll still feel the same around you

THE NEXT DAY, Olivia woke to the sound of her blinds banging against her window. Her eyes opened, squinting at the change in light, and she saw that someone was trying to climb through it. She would've thought someone was breaking in if she didn't recognize Luke's shoes.

Her gaze moved to the ceiling and she felt like the room was spinning. Her head was pounding and nausea climbed up her throat. Memories of the night before flooded her mind as Luke wrestled with her curtains.

"You do know we have a front door right?"

Luke dropped in and straightened himself out, shutting the window behind him and closing the blinds so the room dimmed. He turned to the girl and saw that she was covering her face with her hands, all wrapped up in her blankets. "Where's the fun in that?"

Olivia kept her eyes closed, the only indicator of where Luke was being the sound of him snooping through her belongings. "What are you doing here?"

"I had to make sure you didn't die on me overnight," he said, walking over to her bookshelf. He didn't have the chance to look around last night. "How you doing, trouble?"

"Well for once, you're not the cause of my headache. I'm never drinking again." Her hands moved from her face and she saw that Luke was going through her old journals. "Luke, put it down."

Luke did as he was told, making a mental note to come back to the book, then made his way over to the bed. He kicked off his shoes and plopped onto the bed, stomach down. His head was propped onto his hands as he looked up at the girl. "Hungover?"

"Mhm." Olivia nodded, shifting over to give him more room. "Thank you for taking care of me last night."

"Anytime, Liv." His voice was soft and airy, his gaze holding a dreamy twinkle. Even with the remnants of a long night etched on her features, she still looked as beautiful as ever.

Olivia tried her best to ignore the way her stomach burst with butterflies at the thought of him lying in her bed and the sudden nervousness she felt about their close proximity.

Luke repositioned himself so he was laying beside her and looked at her with a puzzled expression. "What did Christa say to you?" He asked, curiosity stemming from the moment he saw her take her first shot. "You were talking and then suddenly, you're stealing drinks and dancing on tables. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm glad you were having fun, but you don't drink that much that fast over nothing."

Olivia shrugged and wrapped her blankets tighter around her. She felt no need to lie or hide the truth. "She said all these things about me, you and the band, and I just..." A heavy sigh escaped her lips. "She got under my skin. And I knew that's what she was trying to do, but I let her get to me anyways."