VII. Cafeteria Confrontations

CHAPTER SEVEN

SOMEONE TO YOU — BANNERSAnd if you feel like night is fallingI wanna be the one you're calling

And if you feel like night is falling
I wanna be the one you're calling

A WEEK HAD passed. Reggie had gotten his driver's license, Sunset Curve practiced every other day in the music room, and Jason had been ignoring Olivia like the plague.

Jason avoiding Olivia could've been for a number reasons. She knowingly started a rival band, and what made matters worse was that it included his ex-best friend.

When he and the rest of Harmony Lane decided to follow her around in an attempt to uncover the identity of her bandmates, he was enraged to find that Luke Patterson was the lead guitarist.

After doing a little more digging, keeping track of who Olivia spoke to, and following her around school (at a distance, of course), Harmony Lane found out the names of Olivia's other bandmates. They spread the word of how they stole their stage time and soon enough the student population of Los Feliz High School hated anything to do with Sunset Curve.

Olivia walked from her second period class to her locker and found the boys waiting for her. After their evening at Sunset Curve, their relationship blossomed into something more than being in the same band. They were friends.

As the five teenagers walked to the cafeteria, they couldn't help but notice the piercing glares of their classmates.

"Why are they all staring at us?" Olivia asked, wrapping her cardigan tighter around herself.

Bobby's gaze locked on a judgemental bystander and he glared at them just as sharply. They turned away and whispered something to their friend. "Why do you think?"

Alex saw Reggie's confused expression and elaborated, "Everyone's mad that Harmony Lane's set at the Halloween dance was cut short."

"Why do they care so much?" Luke grumbled from beside him.

"It's Harmony Lane," Alex emphasized, opening the door to the cafeteria. He held it for his band members to walk through. "The pride of Los Feliz High School. They're the popular ones, the cool ones."

"And what are we?" Olivia questioned as she passed him.

He shrugged. "The underdogs."

Luke walked through the door and stopped in front of him. "Perfect."

Olivia's eyes swept the room until they landed on the person she was looking for. "Hey, guys," she said, slightly distracted. The boys turned to her and she waved them off. "Go ahead, I'll catch up."

Bobby and Reggie nodded and walked further into the room, searching for an open table.

Luke's eyes followed her as she walked across the room towards her boyfriend, feeling something heavy in his chest. Memories from the night on her roof flooded his mind.