Legends Never Die

LEGENDS NEVER DIE

"I never saw you coming, but my soul did

"I never saw you coming, but my soul did. And every decision, every heartbreak, every note played, every song I've ever written... led me to you. My heart knew you before we ever really met."

LIGHTS WERE A prominent fixture in Olivia Montez's life, both literally and metaphorically.

The stage lights that guided her rebirth every time she stepped onto a stage. The way her friends could cut through her darkest nights and bring her back to safety like a lighthouse.   The city lights that twinkled below the mountains of Griffith's Observatory. The shine of adoration in Luke Patterson's eyes every time he looked at her.

The flashing lights of an ambulance.

Lights have always been a prominent fixture in her life. It shouldn't have been a surprise that the night meant to be the brightest star in her sky full of memories was outshined by tragedy's moonlight. Flashing red lights and the song of a siren drowned out the blue neon of the Orpheum sign and the sold out crowd that waited to enter the venue.

Olivia Montez was not a fool. She knew that there were some things in life that were simply uncontrollable—other people's opinions of you, the weather, cats, the list goes on. Unfortunately, death happened to fall under that category. Death doesn't discriminate between sinners or saints, the young or the old. Death will curl its boney fingers around the doorknob of life and take, and take, and take until there's nothing but an empty space that used to be called a home. You can't control death, but god, how Olivia wished she could. If she could, she'd be playing a sold out show, side by side with her chosen family, changing their lives for the better.

They were going to be rock heroes.

They were going to be the next big thing. They were going to top the charts, and win Grammys, and break records in their sleep. They were going to make a name for themselves, screaming in the face of a world that refused to listen. They were going to give back to those who saw the best in them and thank them for giving them a chance to prove everyone wrong. They were going to make meaningful connections through the music they spilled their souls into.

But the universe had other plans. The universe decided that the band of Sunset Curve amounted to nothing more than a few bad hot dogs and the word 'almost'.

They almost played the Orpheum.

They almost made it.

They were almost heroes.

To Olivia, the word 'almost' was the saddest word in the English language, and it was a downright tragedy that Sunset Curve was reduced to nothing but that six letter word full of unfulfilled hope.

But of course, there is a silver lining in everything. Maybe it was a good thing they never became the heroes of their self written story. Because heroes get remembered, but legends?

Legends never die.

DISCLAIMER !

I don't own Julie & the Phantoms or any of the characters, I only own Olivia and her storyline. I also don't own any of the gifs/pictures used and all rights go to their respective owners.

*** The gift used in this part was created by @rollingst0nes !

I hope you enjoy!