L. Maybe in Another Lifetime

CHAPTER FIFTY

TILL FOREVER FALLS APART — ASHE & FINNEASSo this is it, that's how it endsI guess there's nothing more romantic than dying with your friends

So this is it, that's how it ends
I guess there's nothing more romantic than dying with your friends

JULY 22, 1995.
EIGHT HOURS BEFORE.

THE WORST DAY of Olivia Montez's life started out as the best.

She woke up with a smile on her face. There was a slight breeze coming in through her open window and memories of the night before brought a blush to her cheeks. The empty space beside her was still warm, meaning that Luke hadn't been gone for long.

With a content sigh, she rolled out of bed and got ready for the day. As she moved around her room, her eyes landed on the garment bag hanging on the back of her door containing her outfit for later that night.

The day was finally here. Everything Sunset Curve had worked so hard for was finally within reach and in eight hours, they'd be playing the most important show of their careers.

There was a scratching noise at her bedroom door which caused Olivia to cross her room and open it. On the other side was Solo. He thundered into the room and jumped onto her bed, tail wagging as he waited to be pet.

Olivia let out a laugh and scratched his stomach. Moments later, Mikey appeared in her doorway. "Breakfast is ready," he said, walking into the room. "Are the guys coming over?"

"Yeah," Olivia nodded, glancing at her clock, "they'll be here soon."

The pair headed down to the kitchen and as soon as Sylvia's gaze landed on her daughter, she let out a loud gasp.

"There she is!" Sylvia gushed, dropping what she was doing to hug the girl. "My little estrella!"

"Mom," Olivia groaned, squirming against her hold.

"What?" The woman defended. "Can't I be proud of my daughter for selling out a stadium and going on tour?"

"Our tour is local and it's not a stadium, Mom," Olivia chuckled as she stepped away. "It's a theatre."

"Yeah, whatever. It's still sold out." She waved a dismissive hand before gesturing to the back door. "Go get Luke, I made those blueberry pancakes he likes."

Muttering something about her mother liking Luke better than her, Olivia left the house and made her way to the garage.

At the sound of the garage door opening, Luke looked up from where he laid on the couch. He gave her a toothy grin, watching as the golden sun lit up behind her to form a halo around her head. "G'morning, trouble," he greeted.

Olivia playfully rolled her eyes as she stepped over one of the random articles of clothing the boys failed to pick up from the floor. "Good morning, headache," she replied as she lifted his legs up so she could sit on the couch with him. She faced him with her back against the armrest and stretched her legs out between his. "Breakfast is ready and the boys will be here soon, you should probably get ready."