09 | just the two of us

Haeyoung's P.O.V.

I didn't wanted Lucas to leave. I know, he is a bad guy too, but for some reason, I thought the Criminal wouldn't heart me in front of him. Or I'm just making up things to feel a bit safer...

When the words 'just the two of us' escaped his mouth, the blood in my veins froze. I swallowed the air stuck in my throat.

•°•

Criminal's P.O.V.

"Are you scared?", I asked her.

"No, I am not!" she objected furrowing her eyebrows.

I giggled. "Oh, yes, you are. Specifically, you are scared to death".

"Okay, I'm scared! I'm scared to death! What's wrong with that?!" she exploded. "You have no idea what I've been through these days or I could say that you are completely aware of that and you just don't give a shit! So-" her voice cracked "don't even dare you mock me about being scared".

I just looked at her dazed by her explosion and I wasn't even in the mood of scolding her about shouting at me.

I examined her not so beautiful, but really unique features. She looks exactly like her; not so pretty but her charming and dynamic personality lights her face making it more interesting than beautiful.

She seemed a bit shocked about her actions fearing of what her punishment will be. I locked eyes with her. I got lost in them untill she shook her head and trying to get away from me forgetting  that our wrists were handcuffed together.

"Shit", she whisper-yelled.

I hugged her waist with my free arm as she tried to tear it away.

"W-what are you doing?" she tried to hide her uneasiness.

"You belong to me now, Haeyoung".

"I belong to no one! Get off me!"

I caressed her cheek as she turned her head to escape my touch. My gaze darkened.

I fished the handcuffs' key out of my pocket and I unlocked them.

She looked at me relieved thinking I was dismissing her.

"Thank you", she murmured not looking me in the eyes.

"For what?" I played along.

"For... releasing me. I mean- not completely, but at least I appreciate that you let go of my wrist. It was starting to ache..."

"Poor thing, I'm not releasing you..."

"W-what-"

I took her in my arms and headed to the kitchen, removed the table's cover for dust and make her sit there while she was busy protesting and hitting me.

I put my hands under her sweater and started kissing her neck.

"Stop it! Not again!" she yelled among her sobs and grabbed my neck.

However, I am far stronger than her and succeeded in getting her little hands off my neck and continued kissing her jawline. When I was so close to kissing her lips, I heard the door being slammed.

Both me and Haeyoung turned to look at Lucas who was standing in front of the door stunned by the view.

"Boss, what-"

"Shut up, Lucas. Stand where you are. I'm coming back".

•°•

Haeyoung's P.O.V.

I felt that my heart died. For the second time. I was terrified that this time it would happen. You could tell it from the sparkle in his eyes.

When I heard the door close and saw Lucas, I felt my heart beating again. I felt safer.

Thank God, Lucas came back on time, or else I don't know what would happen to me...

I was now handcuffed — again! — on a bed, locked in a room. The Criminal was now in the living room with Lucas and I made great attempts to listen to their talk.

Lucas spoke loudly and I could hear the irritation in his voice.

"What were you going to do to her? You were about to rape her? You know how hard an experience like that could traumatize her? You've never tried to rape someone! What came over you, boss? We are killers not rapers!"

Then, if they killed me, it would be better? What the hell?

"Mind your own business, Lucas..." said the Criminal trying to restrain his anger.

"This is my business! I can't let a woman been raped even if the raper is you. Sorry, boss, but I am against you on that matter. You can't touch her at least when I'm around!"

I... was really surprised by what Lucas said. He is the first person that did something nice for me the past two days. I appreciated that small gesture of his so much.

I heard a laugh.

"You think you can scare me by pulling out your gun? I got a gun too, you know..."

"Lucas don't go to extremes or else..."

"Or else what?!" he screamed.

Bang.

A gunshot was heard.

Oh my God! He... killed him..? The Criminal killed Lucas?

"Hey! What is going on there?!" I screamed.

The door opened and the Criminal rushed in and released me.

"You should clean up a little. The living room got a bit, emm", he grinned "bloody".

I didn't feel very well... This was one of the sick moments of my job that I hated.

I got up and ran to the living room. I saw Lucas laying in his blood groaning silently.

Thankfully he is not dead. He was shot on the thigh.

"Are you okay?"

"Do I look like okay?!" he said chuckling.

"Sorry, I am just a little panicked". I turned to the Criminal. "What are you looking at? We have to get him to the hospital!"

"Forget it", he responded and casually walked towards the shopping bags Lucas carried here.

"We can't let him die! Come on! He is your employee or whatever!"

He looked at me and then, Lucas. He sighed.

"Fine! But you will stay here. I don't trust you".

I smiled victoriously and lowered my gaze to see Lucas.

"Thank you", he mouthed.

"No", I argued. "I thank you".