18 | the truth hurts

Haeyoung's P.O.V.

I couldn't even think of what I've assumed. I don't want to believe it or admit it.

Taemin killed my sister, Seoin.

Now, everything makes sense. That one time before Seoin 'killed herself', when she seemed more down than I have ever seen her, that was the time something happened between her and Taemin. That's why she seemed so depressed despite her bright character. She was blaming her work for being so tiring and claimed she was on her period. Bullshit!

Taemin wanted her dead. I don't know exactly why, but I can assume it... She broke up with him or something. He had a motivation to kill her.

My head hurt so much, like it was about to explode. My heart was already broken. I have to keep my brain safe, or else I'll go crazy...

I got up from the floor and wiped my tears off my cheeks on my way to my bedroom. I opened the closet to take a coat, but something else caught my attention too. My blue dress... Don't cry, Haeyoung. He's not worth it. I grabbed a coat and a mask from the nightstand in a hurry and run out of Taemin's house struggling not to look back...

•°•

I was currently walking to reach the nearest avenue, so that I can find a cab. I was crying my eyes out, since no one was around and the street was really dark. I'm not afraid of the dark, thankfully.

After a long walk, I arrived at a street with more lights and traffic, though it was 1am.

I found a cabstand and walked there. But I have no money... I was in such a hurry that I didn't take any money with me. Maybe Jongin will pay it for me, right?

"Excuse me, could you drive me to 12th xxx St., Seoul?" I asked the driver while I put a great effort in not sounding like a crying baby.

"Sure, hop in", he signaled me.

Thank God, he didn't seem to have recognized me. I took a seat at the back and the car started to move.

My thoughts were all about Taemin. He betrayed me, he lied to me, he has probably... — I can't even spell it — killed my sister that I treasured so much.

"Miss?" The driver's voice cut off my daydream. I looked at him through the mirror and he did the same. "Are you all right?"

I forced a small smile and muttered a lie: "Just a little tired, thank you for asking".

It was a long drive. I tried to sleep, maybe that would help me calm myself a little, but my eyes were wide open. I couldn't sleep at all. The poor taxi driver tried to start a conversation a couple of times to break the silence, but soon realised I wasn't in the mood at all.

We reached Jongin's house and I got out of the car bending on the driver's window.

"Could you wait for a minute for me to bring you the money? If you don't trust me, you can accompany me upstairs".

"It's okay. I'll be waiting here".

"Thank you", I said relieved.

I literally run in the building pushing the elevator button with great passion and got in once it reached the floor. I pushed the top floor button and mentally prepared myself to see my brother again.

I walked down the corridor to the only door on this floor — yes, my brother owns a penthhouse. I inhaled deeply and rang the bell.

•°•

Jongin's P.O.V.

I was about to fall asleep, when I heard the door bell ringing. For God's sake, who knocks on my door at this hour? I pushed the bed sheets aside, got up and walked to the door half asleep. I rubbed my eyes trying to wake myself up.

And then it hit me; what if there are news about Haeyoung? What if the police have located her? But what if the news is bad, like that the found her... No, don't think like that.

I checked my camera facing my doorstep. A girl with a mask who looked really familiar to me was standing in front of the door.

No way... I opened the door widely and our eyes met. "Haeyoung?"

She pushed her mask down and smiled at me. "Jongin..." Her eyes teared up. I was already crying.

I pulled her in for a big hug while stroking her hair. "God, Haeyoung, I was so scared! I am so happy you are okay..."

She hugged me back burring her face in my chest and sobbed lightly. "I- I missed you s-so much..."

I am so selfish! I said I was scared, but she should have been so horrified... What has she been through?...

"A cab driver is waiting downstairs. Will you lend me some money?" she asked me whispering against my T-shirt.

I was so surprised by her question that made me smile. "Of course! Of course! Wait here. I'll go pay him, okay?"

"I can go-"

"You wait here". I insisted, while grabbing my wallet and shuting the door behind me.

While in the elevator, I let all my happiness out. I cried out and laughed. I know Haeyoung must have gone throught difficult times and that's why I don't wanna be all over her and scare her. For now, I wanted to be happy that my sister is back home. As far as the rest things are concerned, I will consider them from tomorrow on.

The elevator's door opened and saw a cab waiting outside the entrance. I knocked on the driver's window and he seemed really surprised to see me, but didn't comment it. I don't care if he has recognized me right now.

"How much was the miss's lift?"

He told me the price, I handed him the cash and got back in.

I opened my apartment's door and found Haeyoung curled up on the sofa, sleeping peacefully or that's how it seemed. Who knows what tortures that monster did to her that are still locked in her mind...

Sleep now, Haeyoungie. You are finally safe. No one's going to hurt you from now on. Cross my heart.