29 | when realisation hits

Haeyoung's P.O.V.

I got out of Taemin's hug getting up from the sofa. I got dressed and checked on the time; 06:32.

Oh, God!

The realisation of what I did hit me. I cheated on Ten with Taemin! What the hell have I done?! No, no, no... Ten doesn't deserve such an awful thing... I screwed it all up again!

"Taemin!" I nagged Taemin who was currently sleeping. "Taemin, wake up!"

"What is it?" he murmured half-asleep while rubbing his eyes.

"You have to go!"

"Don't you want to cuddle a bit more?"

"Look, this is really tempting right now, but it's not right. Plus, in about an hour, Ten will be back".

"You freaking live together?!" he exclaimed surprised and jumped from the couch wearing his clothes. "Shit!...What about us, Haeyoung? Are you gonna tell him or what?"

"I don't know... I don't know how to tell him gently... He will get hurt", I muttered more to myself rather that to Taemin.

"There's no other way... I don't think you would like to fool him like that, would you?"

"Of course not! But-... Give me some time please, okay?" I begged him.

"I'll wait", he assured me.

"Thank you", I hugged him. "I love you so so much".

"I love you even more".

•°•

The next day, I rushed into the CID trying radiate as much confidence as I could. Today is gonna be a great day!

I said good morning to everyone and I hugged Ten, who was getting ready to go back home.

At that moment, Lee Jinki got out of his private office. Speaking of the devil...

"Officer Kim Haeyoung, at my office", he demanded.

"No", I refused.

"No?!"

"Baby, what are you doing?" Ten whispered to me.

"You'll soon understand. Just try to keep calm, okay?"

"Keep calm? What-?"

"What is happening here?" Chief Kim exited his office.

Inspector Lee, now as red as a tomato out of anger turned to face his boss. "I have no idea. Maybe we should ask Officer Kim..."

"Ms. Kim, what happened?" Kibum said.

I looked at him saying: "I think it would be a better idea to talk about this somewhere more private-"

"No. Say it now. In front of everyone", Jinki stepped in.

"Well then, let me show you", I said not really caring, bringing my cellphone out of my bag and played a very enlightening sound:

"Come on Haeyoung! Let go! ... Hop in! I'll give you a lift home."