Christmas Special

Start from the beginning

You playfully roll your eyes.

You whisper: I got it. You just sit here and do your nails. You say, walking over to Madison's door.

Clem playfully hits you as you walk into Madison's room. You see Madison awake in bed.

You whisper: What's wrong, peanut?

Madison whisper: I can't sleep, daddy.

You walk over to her bed.

You whisper: Well, you know what that means.

You sit on her bed.

You whisper: Santa can't come if you aren't asleep.

Madison whisper: But I wanna see him!

You whisper: I know you do, sweetheart. But Santa's got a big night ahead of him. If he talks to you, it'll throw him off schedule. You wouldn't want that, would you?

Madison whisper: No...

You whisper: Hey, come on. Just think about it. When you wake up, you'll see a BUNCH of presents left under the tree. That means Santa thought you really deserved some good gifts this year.

Madison whisper: He did?

You whisper: Oh, he most certainly did.

Clem leans on the doorframe with her arms crossed. She smiles.

You whisper: And when he comes, he's gonna be so thankful for the cookies you made just for him. And he's gonna be so proud of you for making the nice list.

Madison smiles. You smile and kiss her on the forehead.

Madison whisper: Thanks, daddy. I love you.

You smile wider.

You whisper: I love you, too, peanut.

She closes her eyes and drifts off to sleep. You look at the door to see Clem smiling at you. You smile back at her.

You turn off Madison's lamp, stand up from her bed, and you walk over to Clementine.

Clem whisper: You are the master.

You whisper: Oh, I know.

You grab her hand and you both walk out of Madison's room. You slowly close the door.

[Small Time Skip]

You're in front of your mirror with your shirt off. You put on your eyepatch. You look at the photo on your dresser to see the picture of you and Louis in your marine uniforms.

You whisper: Merry Christmas, brother. I wish you could be here to see it.

You look behind you to see Clementine in bed. You turn around and you walk over to bed. You get in next to Clementine and she snuggles onto your chest.

Clem: Goodnight.

You: Goodnight, hon. I love you.

Clem: I love you, Y/N.

She pecks you on the lips and rests her head on your shoulder. You both drift of to sleep.

[Four Years Earlier]

You're in Iraq. You still have both eyes. You and your buddy, Louis, are sitting in cover. Louis is sitting next to you, shuffling his deck of cards. You sigh.

You: You and your fucking cards.

Louis: What's wrong with the cards?

You: You bring those things everywhere, man.