Christmas Special

A/N: Merry Christmas, everybody! I planned this chapter a while ago, so now I'm posting it! This is basically a "if the apocalypse never happened" AU. There are some small changes I made. Lee and Christa aren't the grandparents, but Y/N's REAL parents are. AJ isn't adopted by Clem and Y/N. Y/N still loses an eye, but you'll see how. Anyways, enjoy.

You're chopping wood outside.

Clem: Y/N? You out here?

You look behind you to see Clementine looking for you. She's wearing a knitted coat and a pair of boots.

You: I'm over here, babe!

She looks at you and smiles, so you smile back. She walks up to you

Clem: Hi.

You: Hi. You say, setting the axe down.

She kisses you, so you kiss back.

Clem: It's almost time for bed--what're you doing out here?

You: Thought we could have a fire in the morning while the kids unwrap presents.

Clem: Well, that's a nice thing to do.

You: Yeah, well, it's what my parents used to do when I was a kid.

Clem: You never told me that.

You: Well, I guess you learn something new every day, huh?

Clem: Speakin' of which, are your parents and Jack still gonna be able to make it tomorrow?

You: Yeah, I called them. They said they're all set.

Clem: Great. It'll be a good Christmas this year.

You: You bet it will. I've worked too hard for it not to.

Clem: No need to stress. You're a planner. You plan everything beforehand.

You: I know that. But plans don't always work out.

Clem: You need to stop worrying.

You sigh.

Clem: Look, let's just head to bed.

You: Alright. Lemme get this wood inside, and I'll be right in.

Clem smiles.

Clem: 'Kay.

You smile. She kisses you, so you kiss back. She pulls out of the hug, turns around, and starts walking back to the house. She looks back at you with a smile. She walks inside.

You pick up the firewood and you walk inside the house. You walk over to the fireplace and you set the wood down.

You start walking over to the stairs, but you stop when you see something on the dining table. A drawing with a letter on it next to a glass of milk and a plate with cookies on it.

Letter: for Santa! I hope yuo make all mi famli hapy this Christmas! Love ~Madison

You smile at the letter. You make sure that Madison isn't watching. You take a bite out of one of the cookies and a sip of milk.

You write on the letter.

Note: Dear, Madison. I will personally be making sure that each and every one of your family members are happy this Christmas. And also, I just want to tell you how proud I am that you've been a good girl all year long. The elves and I always love it when you make the nice list.
Love ~Santa Claus

You walk away from the dining table. You head upstairs to see Clem waiting at Madison's door.

Clem whisper: Can you help me with this?