Chapter 20: Good to See You Again

After about ten minutes of running and hiding, you're all, eventually, safe from the Light Bearers. Everyone's out of breath. They're all either leaned against trees, sitting down, or hugging their loved ones.

AJ looks over to see the little girl reunite with her mother. They hug each other as the mom cries. She looks over at AJ.

Woman mouths: Thank you.

AJ smiles and nods.

Louis walks up to you. You both look at everyone.

Louis: What're we gonna do now? I mean, that was our home that we worked years for. How're we supposed to move on from this?

You sigh.

You: ...No matter what, we stick together.

You both look at each other.

You: I'll need your help, brother.

He nods.

Louis: Always.

You smile at each other. You both walk up to one of the soldiers that rescued you.

Soldier: Sir. We're with the Foundation.

You: El sent you?

Soldier: Yes, sir. I'm afraid the Light Bearers tried to take our land as well.

You: I'm guessing you lost?

Soldier: We did. Mr. Walker ordered us to find you and see if they caught up with you--I guess we got our answer.

Louis: Where's El now?

Soldier: Mr. Walker is set up at a campsite with the rest of the Foundation. I can bring you to him if you'd like.

You: That'd be great. Just give me a few moments.

Soldier: Certainly.

He walks away.

You walk up to your family. Shaun's holding Madison. Clem looks at you and hugs you.

Clem: I can't believe it. All those years...I thought that was the one.

You: I'm gonna figure this out. I promise you that.

Clem: I know you will. You always do.

Clem pulls out of the hug and kisses you. You look at Shaun, AJ, and Madison. You walk up to them.

You: You guys alright?

They all hug you.

Shaun: Dad?

You: Yeah, Shaun?

Shaun: ...Are we gonna be okay?

You pull out of the hug and you look at all of them.

You: I'm not gonna let anything hurt you. I will die before that happens. Understand?

They all nod.

You: C'mere.

You all hug again. Clementine joins in on the family hug. After about ten seconds of hugging, you pull out of the hug and you all smile at each other. You walk away.

You spot Andy sitting alone at a tree. Dante walks up to him.

Dante: Hey.

Andy looks up at him.

Andy: Hey.

Dante: Wanna chat?

Andy: Huh?

Dante: Ya know, talk about stuff.