Chapter 24: New Home

It's been a few hours since you all entered the Commonwealth. You, El, and the council from Ericson's are waiting in a waiting room, outside an office guarded by two soldiers with assault rifles.

Clem's nervously tapping her foot on the floor. You put your hand on her thigh.

You: Relax. Maggie's gonna take us in, no doubt in my mind.

Clem: I know, I'm just...not used to this place yet.

You: You'll get there.

A soldier off duty walks up to you.

Soldier: Um, are you Y/N L/N?

You look up at him.

You: Uh, yeah. Yeah, that's me.

Soldier: Dude, I'm such a huge fan.

Clementine chuckles.

Soldier: When I was a little kid, my dad told me about how you rescued him from the Sanctuary. Could I, um...

He takes out a leather knife sheathe and a white marker.

Soldier: could I maybe have your autograph?

You: Sure thing. You say, grabbing the marker and sheathe.

You sign "Y/N L/N" and underneath you put "A.K.A: One Eyed Survivor" onto the sheathe.

You: Here you go, man. You say, offering the sheathe and marker to him.

He takes it.

Soldier: Thank you so much.

He holds out his hand, so you shake it. He walks away.

You look at Clem, who has a smile on her face.

You: That's how I know we're getting in.

Clem chuckles.

Clem: Yeah, you're right.

Willy: Why're they taking so long?

Aasim: 'Cause a president's in there. She's probably doing something like paper work or whatever.

Violet: The longer you guys talk about it, the longer the wait'll be.

The doors to the office open and an assistant walks out.

Assistant: Madam president will see you now.

You all stand up and start walking over to the door.

Louis: Guess your logic's not that good?

Violet: Quiet.

You walk inside to see Maggie standing while holding a file. There're two guards protecting her. She looks to see you, AJ, Clementine, El, and everyone. You walk up to her desk. She walks around her desk.

Maggie: Oh, it's so good to see you all again.

The both of you hug. She gives you a kiss on the cheek and pulls out of the hug. She holds your hands.

Maggie: I'm so sorry to hear about Ericson's. That place was such a beautiful place to call home.

You: Thank you. I hope we can work something out so that we can soon call this place home.

She lets go of your hands and walks around her desk.

Maggie: And I think I have just the places for all of you. She says, looking down at the files on her desk.

Everyone walks up to the desk. Willy looks at all the decorations.

Willy: Rad.

Maggie: Ah! Here they are.