Chapter 12: You Can Talk to Me

You walk away from the platform. You're about to walk into the sleeping quarters of the town hall, but you see something that catches your eye. The cellar doors.

You walk over to the person that's guarding them. You look at the lock to see it off.

Guard: Sir.

You: How long have you been guarding this area?

Guard: A few minutes, sir.

You: When's the last time someone was watching this?

Guard: About ten minutes ago, sir.

You: Ah, shit.

You pick up the lock, coming to the conclusion that someone tried making you think that the lock was still on. You throw the lock to the side when Clementine walks up to you.

Clem: Y/N?

You turn around.

Clem: What're you doing?

You: I gotta check on something.

Clem: You're not coming to bed?

You: I'll be there in a bit.

She nods. You walk up to her and you kiss her, so she kisses back.

You walk back over to the cellar doors and you open them. You walk down the steps to hear someone talking.

You start slowly walking through the boiler room, making the voices get louder.

???: And he just told me to leave.

Lilly: He doesn't trust you with this stuff, kid. He thinks you can't handle it.

You make it over to the corner of the boiler room to see Shaun in a chair, talking with Lilly.

Shaun: But I CAN handle it!

You: What the hell's going on down here?!

Shaun looks behind him and sees you. He stands up and turns around.

Shaun: Dad, I...I wasn't--

You: Go to your room. Now.

Shaun: But, dad--

You: Go!

He gets taken back. He looks down and walks away.

You look at Lilly.

Lilly: We were having a conversation.

You: I know what you were fucking doing, Lilly. That's the problem. If I ever catch you talking to my son, or ANY of my family again, I'll rip your tongue out so you CAN'T talk!

You turn around and you start walking away.

Lilly: It's your fault, ya know.

You stop dead in your tracks. You look behind you.

You: ...What did you say to me?

Lilly: You're the reason he comes down here. He says you don't let him talk to you, so he comes to me... Maybe try listening to your kid. Might help you in the long run.

You turn around and you grab onto the bars aggressively, making a loud bang echo through the boiler room. You death glare at her.

Lilly: ...It's not like you'd kill me. You wanna keep me in here for what? Hm? What reason do you have for keeping me breathing...? I know the answer. You think that I'm an example. Some...reminder that you're all civilized... But I can see it, Y/N... You're losing your humanity. Sooner or later, the death penalty'll be given to ANYONE who commits a crime. Or even says something against your family.