Chapter 28: The Battle

Everyone makes it to the trench and the soldiers all get on one knee with their assault rifles drawn. You hold up your sword.

You: Fire! You say, slicing your sword down.

The soldiers start spraying bullets at the tree line.

*BRAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA!*

You join in on the fire. You hop down into the trench and you see Light Bearers charging.

You: Spray 'em down!

Most of the soldiers are falling, but a few make it to the trench. One of them pulls out a knife and tries to slash, but you dodge and slice his arm off with your sword. The soldier screams in agony.

A soldier runs over, but Clementine shoots him in the head. You turn back to the soldier and you slice his head into two.

You see a soldier charge at Lee, but he moves out of the way, sticks his metal arm in the way, and the soldier hits his neck off his wrist, breaking his neck.

You hear something revving. You look at the tree line to see a armored trucks with a turret on top, driving towards the trench. One of them drives over a mine.

*BOOM!*

The truck explodes and falls onto a group of Light Bearers.

Light Bearer: They've got mines!

You shoot that soldier in the head with your revolver.

Hargreaves' POV

You're watching everything take place on top of your armored carriage. You look to your left to see your elite soldier and a few other soldiers walk up next to the carriage. Your elite soldier looks at you.

Hargreaves: His family.

He nods before running away.

You look back at the battlefield.

Your POV

You hit a soldier across the face with Retribution. Another approaches, so you stab him in the heart with your sword.

Another soldier comes by, so you kick him in the stomach, grab the back of his neck, and force his neck down on the blade, decapitating him.

You run over to the main group.

You: Clementine, can we see where Hargreaves is?!

Clem: I don't know! She says, still firing her rifle.

El: This goddamn fog isn't helping!

You: Alright, we just need to--

Willy: Look!

Your knee bone shakes. You look behind you to see a man running past the trench.

You: I'll take care of it!

You run after the man. You make it over to a tree and you take cover as he starts firing back at you. You take out your revolver and you shoot in his direction.

You look out of cover and don't see him anywhere.

You: What...?

You turn around to see the man. You try punching him, but he grabs your wrist and your head. He slams your head against the tree.

You: Argh!

You take out your sword and you continuously slice at him. He dodges each slash.

He kicks you in the leg, bringing you to the floor, making you drop your sword. He tries punching the back of your neck, but your roll out of the way and stand up.