15

Jungwoo returns to the parking lot with just himself

He could see Younghae standing just outside her car, back leaned against the door of the driver's seat, phone pressed to her ear having a conversation with he doesn't know who.

Voice soft and calm as she talked.

"I know, dad. If I hear about Soonyoung and Doyoung complaining about you not listening to them, I'm definitely going to drive back there." she scolds softly but firmly with a soft smile on her lips as her back faced him- his presence still not known to her.

He just watches from a good distance, a small smile unconsciously crept up hia lips as he looked at the girl.

She hasn't changed at all, still determined and still a softie but the only thing that's changed is the way she looks at him.

It was like yesterday when she looked at him with those stars in her eyes but all he can only see now were eyes of a well known friend who's now treating him like a stranger again.

His shoulders slumped when those thoughts invaded his mind, finally looking away from her figure.

"Yes, I'm fine. I promise. Listen to the boys okay?" she mutters out before ending the call and putting her phone back in her pockets.

She nearly flinches when she turned around to spot Jungwoo standing across her, scrolling lazily through his own phone.

Younghae felt the weird pressure on her again now that they've been left alone for the nth time that day already, looking away from his face as she fiddled with the hem of her leather jacket. "Feeling better?" the air getting colder around them as they stood across each other on either side of the fancy looking white sports car.

Jungwoo stopped scrolling and stuffed his phone in his pocket, looking up at the girl with brows raised. "Huh? Oh, yeah." his voice coming out softer.

"Should we get going?" the awkward tension between them started to rise again as she avoided his gaze.

Those eyes ever so soft but still felt like it pierced through her face.

She wanted to sink right there.

The electrocuting silence hung for a few more seconds, an invisible icy barrier rebuilding between them.

"Yeah, sure."

With that, they both awkwardly enter the car, the awkward silence never leaving their atmosphere til they got back to the station at an early evening.

Mark and Lucas having a conversation just outside the entrance of the station. 

Younghae sighs inwardly in relief, finally going to get rid of the tension that endlessly rose and fell between her smd the latter in her car.

"And..... here's our stop." she awkwardly mutters out, the once cold demeanor she put on completely disappeared.