12

Younghae fluttered her eyes open, the blinding lights of the room caused her to shut her eyes again, but the throbbing headache seethed in and it had her hissing in pain; her hand immediately travelling up to massage her temple

The loud sounds of the busy people were the most audible sounds that she was hearing at the moment.

Slowly helping her self to sit up from where she laid, she felt like all her energy had been drained out of her.

Looking at her surroundings, she was sure that she was at an emergency room.

A thin blanket draped halfway over her body as she looked around the busy room of the ER, her eye catching a familiar figure diagonal to hers, not so far.

Back facing her as the latter talked on the phone. "Mhm- yep- yeah, I'll see you in a bit."

That annoyingly sweet and soft voice that ruined her day everytime that voice greeted her at the station in the morning.

Younghae frowned as she knew who the latter was.

And when that person turned around to face her direction, her assumptions were correct but it wasn't something to be proud of at the moment for her.

It was Jungwoo.

His pupils dilated upon seeing her awake.

That sweet innocent smile she hated so much grazed on his lips as he walked towards her.

This made her frown more.

Why is he here?

"You're up." he stood beside the bed, arms crossed over his chest and a smile of relief planted on his lips.

This left her confused.

So confused that she had this innocent look on her face that she unintentionally pulled on. "What do you mean? Why am I here?"

Jungwoo slightly pouted at this and his eyes kind of widened for a split second, a small scoff escaping his lips. "You don't remember?"

Younghae shook her head and looked up at him confused than ever.

Then the realization hit her when she remembered. "I shouldn't be here." she panicked, frantically peeling the blanket off her body and twisted her head side to side to look for her shoes. "Take me back to the station, Jungwoo." she grumbled, slipping on her tennis shoes immediately.

He was quick to react, blocking her way from leaving the place. "Woah woah woah wait, you're not going back there; atleast not today. The doctor said you fainted cause of fatigue and that you needed to rest even just for a day then you can work as much as you like. I also payed the bill so please just rest for a few." he explained, trying to convince her.

She didn't want to believe it. "No, I'm going back to the station-"

He blocked her again. "Ten and Mark said they had you covered for today."