8

Jungwoo washed the dried blood off his hands in the bathroom sink, rubbing it harshly with his fingers while the bubbly soap spread on his hands

He was used to seeing blood as a cop but he hated it.

It was okay for him to see blood on other people but seeing himself with blood covering his hands was one of the worst he could even see.

Seeing blood spilled on his hands felt like a million sins carried it.

He may be carrying a heavy weapon also that could carry sins but it was valid for him to carry it. It had a purpose.

The latter grunted as he tried to remove the dried blood that had stained the corners of his finger nails. "Go away." he gritted his teeth harshly.

Too scared of seeing even a single drop of blood on his hands.

Little whines and sobs left his mouth as he didn't even notice that the blood he was washing away was already his own.

The sudden trauma kicked in as for the unwanted memories flashed in his mind in no time- he gripped the edges of the sink tightly, leaving the faucet water running, his knuckles turning into a sheet of white.

His breaths becoming heavy as he shook his head vigorously, not wanting to remember any of it.

14 year old Jungwoo was walking home excitedly from school.

The straps of his backpack hung on his shoulders and the bag pressed behind him, a sheet of paper on his left hand as he smiled from ear to ear- ready to show off his parents the score he got on his science test that day.

"Mama! Papa!" he ran happily as the adrenaline rushed through him in excitement.

But as soon as he stepped forward to the sidewalk of their house, an unfamiliar loud sound was heard from inside his home followed bybthe sound of glass breaking.

Jungwoo gasped and jumped.... without a second thought, he rushed inside the house. His white tennis shoes pattered on the ground as he ran down the rough cement isle, slamming the door open.

The sight infront of him made him gasp and the sheet of his test fell to the ground.

Broken shards of glass scattered the ground, picture frames that hung on the wall laid broken on the floor and disheveled.

He slowly made his way inside the living room and found his sister unconscious on the floor. "Noona!" he rushed to get to his sister. "Jisoo noona, wake up!"

Thankfully no wounds littered her body but then she still laid unconscious. "Noona!"

The girl groaned ss she slowly awoken. "Jungwoo, Papa is upstairs.... go to him first." she pointed to the stairs, eyes half open.

Jungwoo looked at his sister and back to the stairs, hesitating if he should go or leave his sister.

He helped his sister sit up first and then he rushed up the stairs, running towards his parents' room. "Papa!" he exclaimed looking for his father.