4

"Excuse me, what?"

"Excuse me, what?"

Her pupils dilated, leaning forward on her desk to hear properly from the latter.

"Taeyong wanted us to find him." he emphasized the 'us' to make sure she heard it correctly.

Younghae blinked her eyes a few times, trying to process it in her mind.

Jungwoo pressed his lips tightly in a thin line out of anxiety. Hands clamped together, praying that she wouldn't bail out on him. Not that she had a choice but he hoped she wouldn't just leave him hanging in the air if they ever solved this case.

This case was really big to him. To catch a well known criminal wasn't going to be easy but he was ready to take a risk. That was why Taeyong had chosen Jaehyun and his team.

They had handled a few big cases but most of the time, they were assisted. This was a case they would handle alone.

He saw potential.

The latter was known as a very hard working agent, known as the cop who followed orders precisely and didn't make irrational decisions that made him get promoted.

But the girl was his complete opposite. Known as the bad cop who made irrational decisions and always doesn't follow orders and follows what her instincts tell her to.

Why was she even promoted to the lieutenants unit as an agent and detective? Everyone had asked the same question.

Was it her connections? Was it because she was friends with the lieutenants?

No.

Taeyong saw the same potential in her.

Being able to solve a murder case while she was a rookie and was a skillful fist fighter, she put the same man behind bars a few years ago and now she was gonna go after him again.

She eyed Jungwoo and reached to press something on her intercom, acting like she didn't hear anything but her eyes fixated on the innocent detective in front of her.

Mark had furrowed his brows in confusion and worriedly looked over to Jungwoo.

"Secretary Huang, schedule me a meeting with Chief Byun on a free time. Thank you." she spoke to the intercom, her eyes not leaving the agent across her.

Jungwoo also kept his eyes on her, the air thickening as their eyes met, his soft warm eyes that reminded her of a puppy- her void full determined and fierce eyes pierced on his innocent ones.

The thick suffocating silence engulfed the five agents in the room.

Instead of trying to reject him, she used her own language of saying how she'd like to or not. "Taeyong wants me to work with you?" she raised a brow.

He left his eyes on the girl and glanced down to the side of the intercom and to the objects sprawled on her desk, looking anywhere but her eyes to avoid the intense atmosphere but he only made it worse. "Uhm..... yes?" he muttered, coming out more like a question.

She let out an airy laugh. "He wants me to work with you!? Wow." she laughed, clutching her stomach in pain. "He really wants you to lose your job cause of me doesn't he?"

Mark and Ten looked at Jungwoo in worry.

The latter opened his mouth to speak up. "Wh-" but he couldn't continue when he was interrupted with the message from the intercom on her desk.

"Agent Han? Yes, I have scheduled you a meeting with Chief Byun on thursday afternoon 2pm." the voice of secretary Huang slightly echoed in the room.

Jaemin rolled his chair and leaned sidewards to get close to Ten. "Is she usually like this?" he whispered, already getting creeped out by the agent.

"Yes, get used to it." the elder responded.

Younghae flashed him a quick smile before taking a sip on her drink.

"Agent Han, did you just say-"

Gulping the cold liquid down her throat she raised her brows at him. "Yes I did, agent Kim."

Guanheng widened his eyes in shock. "What did you mean by that?"

Mark laughed awkwardly, interrupting the conversation. "Sorry guys, my friend here just wants to mess with y'all. She's not really going to do that." he rolled his chair next to her and put an arm around her shoulder.

Jungwoo judgingly looked at Mark.

Younghae glanced at the younger and gave him her signature glare.

He slowly took his arm off her and he continued to laugh awkwardly, scooting away from the girl. "Or.... not?"

She chuckled and rolled her eyes, facing Jungwoo once again. "It's not like I have a choice." she shrugged and put her drink back on the table, intertwining her fingers together, elbows and forearms rested by the edge of the desk and eyed the male judgingly. "So when do we start?"

With that, his ears perked up and eyes sparkled in excitement. "Wait, you're in? Like for real?" he leaned forward, a huge smile on his face.

She chuckled. "Like I said, I don't have a choice. When do we start before I change my mind." she leaned forward, her chin resting on her intertwined fingers.

"We can start whenever you feel like it, sounds great?" he asked, still excited.

Her facial expression completely stoic, leaning back on her chair, crossing arms over her chest. "Yeah sure." she nodded in agreement.

The two faces looked at each other. Jungwoo's smile bright and wide that it blinded her eyes. Younghae's were blank and emotionless.

Ten eyed the two, amused by the contradicting energy that the both of them radiated.

Fingers tracing his chin as he smirked mischievously. "This is gonna be interesting."

Hendery and Mark still had a feared expression on their faces while Jaemin had a creeped out one on his.

Y'all how we likin badass Younghae and soft Jungwoo??? hm??? lmk your thoughts in the comments. Anyhoes hope you guys liked it. Love y'all.