10

TW: this chapter may contain some graphic depictions of violence and contains topics that may be rendered sensitive.

Reader's discretion is advised

Younghae comfortably sat on the couch at the prosecution office around 2pm just as Secretary Huang had scheduled her in, legs crossed over the other and her back leaning on the comfortable cushions attached to the three seater couch

Jungkook's file laid on the coffee table as Chief Byun thoroughly scanned the pages of their suspect's profile, body leaned forward- fingers tracing his chin as his roundish glasses stuck on the bridge of his nose to give him a clearer vision. "I thought you were over this case?" he sucked in a sharp breath of air, making a hissing sound as he leaned away and looked directly at the detective in front of him.

She clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes in annoyance. "I thought so too." she huffed as she uncrossed her legs and sat like how Chief Byun did across her, legs sprawled in a man spread position, her elbows resting just on her thighs and fingers intertwined as she looked at the file she showed him in front of the desk.

"Did Taeyong assign you this case or you just wanted to get back in this case?" he eyed the younger suspiciously, squinting his eyes at her.

A scoff of disbelief escaped her lips as she glared at the elder. "Baekhyun, you know how I hated this case so much. I'm just doing this cause I know I can't refuse Taeyong." annoyance laced in her tone and bitterness as she thought of solving the case with the help of the person she never dared to ever befriend.

"I know you, Han Younghae. You've always held a grudge against Jungkook." he pointed his fingers to his eyes and jabbing onto the air, pointing directly at her. "Don't lie to me."

Younghae let out an airy laugh for a second and the next her expression has turned into her resting bitch face. "For your information Chief Byun, I'm not one to go back into cases just to get revenge on this asshole, I just need your help in finding wherever he's hiding right now."

"Who are you working with in this case?" Baekhyun asked and eyed her as if he already knew where that question was going to lead to.

She tensed at the thought of Jaehyun's team working with her as she didn't want to mention that name that annoyed her the most. "Uh.....Mark and Ten as always." she shrugged her shoulders, secretly praying that he wouldn't push it any further.

However, the odds weren't on her side.

"And?" Baekhyun continued to push her to speak until the name he's been wanting to hear slipped out of her lips.

"Hendery...."

"Aaannnddd?" he made circular motions with his hands continuing to push her.

"That's it." she inhesitantly muttered, not wanting to mention the name.