001

" too much ego satisfied my hunger and left me with no compassion "

and left me with no compassion "

chanyeol, exo - love shot

Haewon's POV
the final school bell rang as multiple students stormed out the room and into the busy hallways. being the last ones to leave was always the goal anyway. collecting up the last of my literature books, i approached jennie with a warm smile.

"Literature couldn't be more deader."

"Hey! Offending my love for Shakespeare much." she giggled, picking up any litter left behind in the room.

"It's not just that weird ass guy, it's the fact we learn about Latin too." I answered, watching carefully as the chestnut haired girl bent down to pick up a
scrunched worksheet.

Latin...Abo Imo Pectore

"Somebody needs a new skirt, preferably a longer one."

Quickly getting up, she scanned me up and down with a look of distaste. "Somebody needs better fashion sense."

My shirt was untucked, tie stretched and loose, socks left with patches of dust and dirt; while my hair hung messily in it's french plait.

Touché.

"Have you heard about the new club downtown?" Jennie questioned. "A lot of students are planning to go including the new boys."

Some very attractive guys had joined our year, each of them had such an alluring aura that everyone (including the teacher) was head over heels. Gossip formed easily, some made vile accusations of them supposedly being murderers and rapists; others said they were in some sort of gang, I went with that as it was most likely.

"Should we go? If yes, i'll ask Yeji if she wants to come along." I stated, propping my Chanel handbag upon my shoulder.

"Sure, i'll bring Lisa - but make sure you wear something fabulous." Jen replied, cheesing with her adorable gummy smile.

"Uh, I don't have anything other than black clothes."

"You're coming to mine, let's go."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

I've known Jennie for about five years, but I never thought we would be as close as we are now. To many, I was seen as a "lost cause." Getting into fights, rarely coming in on time or causing disruption - but that all changed when she came. Without her, I truly don't know where I would be today.

"Ok, I've picked out two outfits, choose either one" the luxurious girl told, lying the unique dresses flat on her bed.

The first was fairly plain, a long sleeved black off shoulder lined up with several buttons rising. Surprisingly, the second was similar but with mere differences; a sleeveless black dress placed on top of a transparent floral layer. A mere slit present at the thigh for effect.

"I'll go for the second one" I stated, lifting the clothing hook and holding it to my physique.

"Good choice, now hurry up!! It's already ten." she begged, rapidly styling her hair into a sleek low ponytail.

Twinning me with black, the dress she wore had multiple cut outs: at the collarbone, at the upper thigh and at the chest. A bedazzled black choker sat beautifully as her pearl earrings shined without end.

Jennie's POV
haewon wasn't like everyone else, she was strong physically but even stronger mentally. mainly because of tough love and everything she's been through - including what he put her through.

Then what about me? I focus hard on studies but even harder on the effect of others. From a young age I was taught that life was just about work, work and more work - when it's not. With hard work comes success, and with success comes fame, wealth and happiness; well, in my case. There has to be a balance in everything, otherwise there will simply not be any equilibrium.

The car ride was bursting with excitement, Haewon and I sat in the back while Lisa sat in front and Yeji drove.

Downtown Seoul was just breathtaking at this time, spectrums of colours dance from every shop, bar and restaurant as they glide their way into the sky. A full moon posed bold as the howls of the wind joined it's song with the creatures of the night. Music played from every corner, hubbub had no reason to hide as the conversations continued enthusiastically.

Despite the cheerful contrast, an eerie suspicion of uncertainty crept into my thoughts. Shaking it off as a slight case of pessimism, I rotated from the window and began chatter with my friend.

The feeling never left.

—————————

a/n : hopefully this gives a bit more detail about our two female mcs and how they are viewed and opinionated by others as well as themselves

next chapter will be fairly long as it is where the drama begins.. until then - LV.