008

— Day 1

" suspicions exhaust me because of my weak heart, i'm blinded "

solar, mamamoo - destiny

Haewon's POV
arrival at the new location was reasonably fast, everyone had settled in nicely despite bringing no belongings with them; we all assumed that everything necessary would already be inside the mansion. there were opposite rooms in the hallways, one side for the females and the other side for the males.

It was already the late afternoon and Hongjoong had stated that dinner would be served earlier than usual. Laying down on my new bed, I took in all the fancy objects around the room: a large window to the right, followed by a ivory white mirror table with tiny spotlights curved round the edge.

Cute.

To the left, a vase of tulips and freesias lied, shimmering vastly in the sunlight. A navy blue dressing closet sat in the corner, covered by a round coral beanbag. Scented candles left their aroma gracefully as the fragrances of honey and mandarin tickled my nose buds. It felt so homely, but that was probably their plan - make everything seem normal, when it wasn't.

A tender tap to the door disrupted my contemplations as a tall, pink haired man opened it with a amiable smile.

"You coming to dinner?" he asked.

"Yeah, but I don't think what i'm wearing is appropriate." I replied, staring down at my black tube top hidden by a jersey and leggings on bottom, a tiny half-moon necklace rested above.

He paused, looking at me with an unsure expression before peeking his head into the corridor and back to me. "It's fine don't worry, you should see what Lisa has on..."

I scoffed, envisioning the revealing outfit. Happy with the member's approval, I got up and walked with him down the hall.

"Yunho." he said.

"Haewon, it's nice to meet you Yunho!" I chirped, flashing him my pearly whites.

I admit I was being bittersweet, but there was such genuine vibes around him that I didn't feel the need to act distant.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Reaching the main hall, everyone had already taken their seats on the extended table. Jennie was beside Lisa who had an empty seat to the right of her. Yunho and I departed as we took our space. Across, lied fine china decorated with patterns that were from talented makers; squeaky clean cutlery and napkins parted next to it. A crystalline chandelier hovered above us as the candela's sat in uniform.