016

— Week 2, day 2

" friends don't understand me anymore "

yeonjun, txt - can't you see me

3rd person POV
the side of the crumbling cliff was grasped by jennie as she tried levitating herself upwards against the force of gravity. haewon, only a few centimetres away watched with impassively. she stepped on her friend's hand causing the girl to blench and continue to hold on.

"Very funny Haewon, can you help me up now?" she said, voice shaky and hysterical.

"I don't seem to be laughing, so why should you be?"

Her face remained inscrutable. Jennie could not apprehend what was happening.

The black haired girl bent down on the edge, now reaching an arm out to finally pull her companion up. Dubious, Jennie clasped onto the cold hand and groaned in pain from the duration she was stuck there.

Just as her last leg was on rock ground, Haewon broke the link and set a light push onto Jennie's sternum. It was if slow motion had taken hold. Betrayal and bewilderment spread on every corner of her expression as she stared at her unbothered associate.

Time returned to it's standard order as she fell, hitting uneven rocks, scraping every inch of her body that soon turned bloody. Sticks and stones collided into one form, Jennie tried promoting her arms to protect her face but failed. Just as the ground was to come in contact, the girl jolted awake from the hideous rêve.

Haewon surprised by the action, came close to her panicked friend straight away.

"Hey it's alright, it's alright, it was just a nightmare." she said, carefully placing the back of her hand on Jennie's forehead to scrutinise a stable temperature.

Sweat poured from the glands, the girl's disorientation went up and down like the readings of a broken thermometer. Eyes wide open, she observed closely at pouring water into a tiny cup.

"Leave." Jennie commanded.

"What? Why do you want me to leave?" she asked puzzled.

"Leave, now." she repeated, mouth trembling.

Stuttering to try and testify again, the female accepted defeat, put down the drink and headed to the door. Turning somewhat clockwise, she spoke once more :

"Before I go, I wanted to let you know that Lisa is doing well and that Wooyoung is being kept locked in his room. He won't be near us for a while after what was revealed by Lisa." Haewon sniffled, respiring very slowly.