Deals for Reals Life

"Let's make a deal." Izuku's voice shook miserably.

Overhaul paused. "And what's that?"

Izuku took a deep breath of air and forced himself to look away from Eri who was still sobbing, curled into a ball on the floor. "Me for Eri."

"What?" Izuku wasn't sure who said it, Overhaul or Mirio. Maybe both.

"You get me. I come willingly without anymore fighting. My frien- associates leave. With Eri," Izuku clarified. His voice cracked at Eri's name, tears threatening to take over as he waited to see what Overhaul would say as he thought it over.

"Deal."

"What?" This time it was Izuku to say it. He couldn't believe his luck, if this even counted as that.

"I said deal. Go say your goodbyes and then return. Eri and Mirio stays with me until your done, then you can give Eri to Mirio and Chrono will help them out. Understood?"

Izuku numbly nodded.

"Then get going."

Stopping the fighting had been the easiest part of it all. His eyes had dulled over as he said his goodbyes to his friends, Ryukyu, Fatgum and Nighteye having to hold them back as they begged to go save him and fought against his words. He had gotten looks of approval and pity from the adults as they made their escape.

Of course, a few tried to convince him to retreat with them, but Izuku refused, holding a gun to his own head as they threatened to drag him with them. Eventually they all relented and left, leaving Mirio and Eri.

Izuku crouched next to the girl as she looked up with big teary eyes. "Please don't go," she begged. "Izu, I'm scared!"

Izuku wrapped his arms around her as tightly and for as long as he dared. "I'm sorry," he whispered in her ear, before gently passing her over to Mirio.

Mirio wasn't doing so well, but somehow in his delirious state he managed to gently cradle her. Chrono helped the two limp out while Overhaul kept a careful hand on Izuku's shoulder to keep him from running after them. The urge to do so was overwhelming, it made Izuku's head spin. Or maybe that's just from the injuries.

Izuku felt a tight pressure around his neck and his hands flew up to them in a panic, only to find a cool metal surface squeezing against him tightly. His collar. Izuku's legs collapsed beneath him and his knees hit the ground pathetically as he let out a long wail, followed by uncontrollable sobs.

He wasn't quite back where it had all started, but he had a feeling it would be worse.

***

Aizawa had gotten the call and immediately dropped everything to go pick up his kids. When he arrived they were all wrapped in blankets, sipping at drinks of either coffee or hot chocolate. Aizawa went straight to Nighteye.

"Where. Is. He."

Nighteye had the respect to look down in shame. "You already know-,"

Before anyone could blink, Nighteye was holding his cheek in pain with Aizawa's fist still outstretched from the punch. Wordlessly, he turned, waving at his kids to follow him. They did so while staring in shock.

No one spoke as they arrived at UA. Eri had cried herself to sleep and was curled up with red stained eyes in Aizawa's arms. Todoroki and Katsuki were waiting with Shinso by the doorway, Kaminari curled up asleep on Shinso's lap.

They looked in confusion when Izuku never entered. Todoroki ended up being the one to break the silence. "Where is he?" His voice came out tight and heavy, the answer clear by the atmosphere. "No-,"