Best to Worst Timing

TOO MANY COMMENTS FOR ME TO KEEP UP BUT I LOVE THEM SO MUCH AND I SWEAR I READ THEM AND APPRECIATE EVERY SINGLE ONE! 💛

Izuku woke up around midnight to his phone ringing. "Hello?"

"It's time." Nighteyes voice was solemn.

Izuku nodded and slipped out of bed. He was already  dressed wanting to be prepared. He nodded at Aizawa in the hallway and met up with Kirishima, Tsuyu and Uraraka, who had also gone to bed ready.

"Let's do this." Kirishima hit his fists together determinedly.

***

The drive to Overhauls base was silent, filled with tension and anticipation. Quietly filing out of the car, they snuck around to the side of an underground opening. Guards were stalking in front. Ryukyu would be handling them.

They remained hidden until the screaming started, taking the distraction to slip past all the fighting and inside. Izuku's group consisted of Kirishima, Tamaki, and Mirio.

"Which way now?" Mirio wondered, silently cursing himself for not getting specific directions.

It was eerily quiet for the fighting outside. Suspiciously quiet. Izuku's guard was up as he took the lead. "Follow me."

He took off running through the halls, making twists and turns with the others right on his tails. Each time they passed through a hall, the giant doors would slam shut behind them. They had no choice but to keep going forward.

They were so close to Eri's cell, Izuku could practically see it already. They ran forward around the next corner only for Mirio to yank Izuku back as he tried to keep running.

Toga and Dabi stood in front of them, arms out and ready to fight.

"Hi bunny!" Toga squealed. "I've missed you!"

Izuku only snarled in return trying and failing to twist out of Mirio's grip. He had to get to Eri.

"Bunny, we have new orders for you," Dabi stated.

Kirishima spoke up, "You stay away from him!"

Forcing a deep breath, Izuku stopped resisting Mirio, and Mirio reluctantly let him go. Izuku stood for a second, turning away with his hands up under Mirio's careful eyes. Last second, just as Mirio turned away, he swung himself at the two, sending a punch towards Toga.

"God-," Mirio cut himself off, running forward to help and instantly followed by Tamaki and Kirishima.

The fight was a flurry of swings and kicks and jabs but Izuku was easily able to slink past them, followed by a exasperated Mirio. Kirishima and Tamaki stayed behind, giving them a quick thumbs up as they ran off and Toga pulled out her needles, Dabi with his flaming gun. Tamaki pulled out his own gun, and Kirishima the shield he had been given. The shield took the form of a small cube that would expand when needed.

Izuku ran down the hallway followed by Mirio, the need to get to Eri overtaking his worry for his friends. They could handle themselves.

Izuku made it to her room only to find the door open. A wail escaped his throat before he could stop it as he burst into the room only to find it cold and... empty. Toys were scattered all along the floor, unopened, and his collar was missing from the bed that should've been next to the anklet, but no Eri. Tears pricked at his eyes as Mirio did a quick room search.

"Izuku, focus," Mirio snapped. "They probably moved her. Where's the nearest exit? We'll cut them off there."

Izuku forced his panic down and nodded. Taking a deep breath he took off running once again leading the way for Mirio down even more twists and turns. It really did look like a maze.