Cars and Commotion

Chapter 4

After a lot of commotion I was placed in a car with three other selected. I had memorized all of them with my sisters by name, caste and province. I was placed with Isabella Gardener a 4, Danielle Florise a 2, and Reagan Vurns a 3. "Hi I'm Isabella, what's your name," Isabella asked politely. "Kathleen," I answered. "Oh I love that name," she gushed. "Thanks," I said smiling. "Can you guys like shut up I'm trying to sleep," Danielle snapped, giving us a death glare. "Sheesh," Isabella whispered, making me chuckle. Danielle gave me one more glare and then finally fell asleep. The entire car ride me and Isabella talked. We chatted about home, our lives, family and all that stuff. I felt kind of bad for leaving Reagan out, but she looked caught up in her book anyway.

When we got to the airport I was amazed. There were at least 30 out of hundreds of people holding signs with my name of them. Not nearly as much as most of the twos, but a lot for a nobody five. I spent at least a half hour talking to all of them. I have to admit, I was kind if starstruck.

When The selected were boarding the plane I was terrified. Not as bad as Caroline who was hyperventilating, but was pretty spooked. Luckily I sat next" to Isabella, who wasn't even the least bit frightened. We talked with Alexis Crayler about the competition and all my fears floated away.

When I stepped out of the plane I stood in awe. The palace was un-describable. All around it was lush gardens full of blossoming, colourful flowers. "Are you just going to stand there," an annoyed voice said from behind be. I whipped my head around to face Alyssa Cambers, a two. She was a model an had a countless amount if fans. I kept walking embarrassed by it all.

When I walked into the palace I almost fainted. The marble floors, the walls, the chandeliers hanging it was all extravagant. Our etiquette teacher/mentor Vivian lead us through the palace and I swear my mouth hung open the entire tour. As we reached the second floor Vivian started to speak. "This is where all your rooms are an the women's room is located," she told us. "The women's room is the general meeting place for all the selected, elite, the princess, and the queen," she explained. "Males will only be permitted in the room with Queen America's Permission." She lead us around the floor telling us where each of our rooms are located. I was in between Grace and Vanessa and across from Christine."At no times do you go on the third floor unless you have permission from a royal," Vivian told us. "You are now dismissed," she announced. "You will go to your rooms where your maids will get you ready for dinner". With that the hallway was cleared. As I entered my room three women curtsied."Oh please there is no need to curtsy", I told them. "Yes miss," one replied. "Please just call me Kathleen," I told them. "Yes m-Kathleen". "What are your names?" I asked them. "I'm Charlotte," the tiny blond said. "I'm Sophia," the tall brunette answered. "And I'm Rachel," the girl with curly dirty blond hair replied. "I must say I love your hair," I told them. They all giggled and then Rachel said "well we better get to work."

My maids worked wonders on me. They covered up the little bit of redness on my nose and made it look natural. "I don't mean to be picky ladies, but do you think you could go light on the makeup?" I asked. "Yes of course Kathleen," Sophia told me. They added a shimmery white eyeshadow to my lids that reminded me of costumes I've worn in the past. They did a very thin line of eyeliner then added some mascara. The finished off with a light pink blush that was barely visible and a pale pink lip gloss. "Oh my god you guys are amazing," I gushed at my maids work. "Thank you," they all replied. They put loose curls/waves in my hair, then took a strand and pinned it back with a barrette. My dress was breathtaking. It was a simple mint bodice with sparkly fabric being pulled in every direction. The sleeves were the same fabric and wrapped tightly around the tops of my shoulders. The skirt of my dress went outwards and brushed the floor. After thanking my maids a million times I made my way down to the dining room. For the first time in a while I was happy and confident.

A/N: Thank you guys for 20 views already! I know that's not a lot, but for me I count it as something! Shoutout to mythologyislife1726 for following me, voting on my chapter, and views! Hope you enjoyed!