It All Starts Now

Chapter 22 (twenty twoooo)

He paused scanning the room. "I'm sad yet excited to say tonight . . .  I'll be choosing the ladies of the Elite."

He took one last breath before starting.

"Lady Piper." She sighed.
"Lady Grace." She gave a small fist pump.
"Lady Isabella." She looked shocked.
"Lady Alexis." She smiled.
"Lady Alyssa." She gave a snobby grin.
"Lady Amber." Her face lifted.
"Lady Delany." She closed her eyes, smiling.
"Lady Jayden." her face didn't even change.
"Lady Arden." She sighed too. He paused once again scanning the room.
"And last but no least . . . Lady Kathleen." The room erupted in sobs, laughter, shrieks, happiness, and tons of emotion. I stood up emotionless and walked out of the room. I ran around the corner and slouched down the wall. I was confused. He said I was going home. Well indirectly. I should be happy. And grateful. But I'm overall dumbfounded. I heard steps nearing the corner and Ahren's bright eyes and blond came to view.

"Why?" I asked. He gave a heavy sigh.

"I heard your voice. I got you note too. Oh by the way here's this." He handed me my letter to Kendall.

"Oh," I responded.

"Your maids must if accidentally sent both."

"What changed your mind?"

"I knew I'd miss you. And you have nothing to be sorry about. Your parents would always love you even if you lost the selection. Your talented, beautiful. They have nothing to be ashamed of." I jumped into him wrapping my arms around his torso. At first the was taken back but he later returned my embrace. I rested my face on his chest letting one tear slip.

"Thank you, so much."

•••

When I walked back into the room shortly followed by Ahren girls shot me dirty looks. The only I cared about was a crying Lyla in the corner.

"Hey Lyla I'm really so-"

"You bitch!" You lunged at me. The only thing keeping her back was Isabella's restraints.

"Sorry," she mouthed. I shot back the smallest smile.

"We all knew you were going to win!" I didn't know how to respond. I ended up walking away into the crowd. There were girls crying and clinging onto Ahren, begging for a second chance. I just wished he would smile. I loved it when he smiled. I stared down at my dress.

I'm an Elite. Everything's different. No more settle competition, attempts at being friendly. The competitions fierce now. Only 9 more girls to eliminate. From what I've heard it's cutthroat. And Ahren. I can definitely tell something. I'm falling for him.

•••

I stared at my complexion in the mirror. I had decent skin, but brown hair, and pink lips. But I had a temper. I took anger out on the prince. I didn't treat him like I should of. Yet he kept me. He held me in his arms and told me I was worth something.

He touched my heart.

As cheesy as it might sound it's honestly true. Prince Ahren the charming boy who took a liking to me. I couldn't get to caught up though. That's how they all fall. I couldn't let that happen. There's a 50/50 chance of my heart getting broken. I was deep into thought now. So deep when my maids walked in I didn't notice.

"Get well rested, my lady," Delilah spoke, using a proper title.

Rachel smiled, "you have a big day tomorrow."

•••

I woke up from a shaking, with sun in my eyes.

"Ugh," I groaned. My maids didn't spare a second to waste and dragged me out of bed. They worked their magic faster than I could drag myself back to bed. My hair was placed in loose waves, my 'everyday makeup', but the best part was the dress. It was knee length and yellow, made from a silky fabric. The bust had a sweetheart neckline adorned with chunky gems. As the top reached my waistline which is where the dress flowed out, the gems got smaller and smaller. They placed a matching headband and jewelry on me and I was ready. Rachel and Charlotte took time to admire their work, while Delilah sighed and said, "oh Miss you must hurry we shall not be late for your first Elite meal." I placed my feet in silver heels and headed to the dining room.

"Ladies," the prince greeted us. "As you know you are an Elite now. Being an Elite comes with responsibility. My parents have told me about many thing going down in the selection from fights, to sabotage and other not so nice experiences." Through the corner of my eye I saw the king and queen trade smiles at each other.

"I expect you to take care of your position. Don't abuse it or it will be taken away. Now the first announcement I have is a special one. It is that time of the competition where families come. You will all be sent instructions of the day once you return to your rooms. Now we have four days to prepare for the arrival."

As Ahren blabbed on about tidiness and etiquette all I could think about was seeing my family. Four more days until I can actually talk face to face with them.

"You may eat now," his voice sounded as I sighed to myself. I couldn't keep myself from imagining Kylie in a gown or Kendall being happy. And the thing I almost forgot about. Halloween at the palace.

-

A/N: This was a short filler chapter btw. Is it bad I literally just realized I named Kathleen's sisters Kendall & Kylie?! Like what?
Hope you enjoyed!
xoxoElla