007

"Interest you? Why on earth would I interest you?" Shaking his grip on her body, (y/n) swung around to face the tall man and he sighed, shrugging his shoulders.

"When you aren't on duty things can often be dull. I'm sure you would know." She sure did. The poor woman realised it could have been around five years since she had fully left the base island. But his argument didn't line up in her mind.

"why do you care? Why don't you just arrest me and put me in Impel Down?"

"why wouldn't I care? You're a beautiful woman and a dangerous criminal. Both things make me care." (Y/n) grimaced, a sweatdrop just rolling down her forehead at his words as he drew his desk chair into the table.

'A dangerous criminal? You said it yourself.'

With a sigh passing her lips, the vice admiral was rudely interrupted in thought when a curt knock came at the door. Aokiji lifted his head and watched as the woman who was in front of him seconds ago went to answer the door - opening it wide so he could see and walking back to her position before.

A man wearing the iconic marine cap and a slightly confused expression had his hand up in a salute as he faced his two superiors.

"Admiral Aokiji, sir! You have a summoning to the Fleet Admiral's office!" The guy didn't even need to finish as the tall admiral had left his seat once more and walked to the door, placing his arm on the vice admiral's back as he guided her out into the hallway.

"I did think he would call me up."

The marine just closed the office door for Aokiji as he watched the two walk away down the corridor, turning at the end. Surely he wasn't the only one wondering why in the past twenty four hours those two had been glued to each other.

Sengoku was on the top floor, so it wasn't difficult to know where his office was as it was the only top-floor room. He was always busy so as (y/n) and Aokiji walked up the stairs, they encountered people coming down them as they went.

And to no surprise, the old man had his head gripped in his hands as he rubbed his forehead, clearly one heck of a headache happening. The door was open so the two just wondered right in: (y/n) lagging behind ever so slightly.

Sengoku turned his gaze hesitantly towards the door and was greeted by a wave as he watched the duo go to stand before him. Sure he was mad about the meeting but he really was just simply confused at the woman's presence even now.

"I didn't take you as the kind of man to keep a subordinate on a leash." The fleet admiral's hypothetical words even made Aokiji chuckle and scratch his cheek. Sengoku only sighed.

"I called you up to tell you that you'll be setting out as soon as. We have located their ship, it ended up passing a small convoy of ours. You'll take twenty men along in your ship." And by 'their ship' he meant the straw hats. After Aokiji had offered to go after them, the older man was seemingly not wasting even a moment's time.

The admiral simply nodded, he definitely got bored easily and (y/n) could see that every time he yawned. But before they could get on it, Sengoku's piercing gaze travelled past the man to the woman behind. He looked in between the two and frowned.

"Is there something going on between you two or am I just overthinking?"

Knowingly to the tall man who just looked down at her as Sengoku spoke, (y/n) blushed harshly and shook her head. The fleet admiral just raised his eyebrow.

"I-It's not like that! He's just overly-" the flustered words from her mouth clustered into jumbles then halted as she felt a hand against her shoulder.

"No, I'm just making sure she's up to speed with what she needs to know. (Y/n) will be coming with me." Aokiji closed his eyes and turned to the door with his hand still on the (h/c) admiral's shoulder as his superior nodded.

"Very well, then."

If the indoors of the headquarters was classed as cold, it was nothing in comparison to the docks which surrounded the base. Battleships of different names and marines were neatly lined up against a plateau that slightly jutted out from the stone foundations. A line of twenty men were filing up the ramps into one of the nearby ships as two figures stood at the railings, overlooking the embarkment.

"It's been years since I was last out on duty." The wind tussled with (y/n)'s hair as she bent onto the railings with her elbows, Aokiji stood beside her with his hands shoved in his pockets.

He couldn't help but notice how calm and at ease she looked on the vessel and in the open air. As if her usual worked up behavior just melted away.

"Seems like you're long overdue a trip out." The admiral's eyes followed the light cargo that made its way up onto the deck, some food and extra weaponry provisions. The woman hummed at his words just as a solider came up behind and saluted.

"The last of the cargo has been boarded!" Turning around slightly, Aokiji nodded and gave him a quick okay for departure before walking down the centre of the chaotic deck as it readied, (y/n) following behind.

Even if he just walked she had to quicken her pace to catch up as he headed to the right where a large room used as a seating room was kept. Even if she was free to roam the ship, (y/n) thought that maybe it would be easier just to stay with the lazy man. For her sake.

"Aokiji, where should I put my stuff?" The vice spoke loud enough so he stopped as she pulled up the duffle bag holding her minimal belongings that she required for the trip.

He turned around so that he could look over her with a hum in thought as his eyes scanned the area of the boat.

"Put it in the main cabin." Proceeding to push open the door, he took one step inside the lounge cabin when (y/n) gave a confused noise as he began closed the door behind him.

Bringing up a hand and pushing it back open to walk in, (y/n) watched as the dark haired man went to pour himself something out of a pot.

"What do you mean the main cabin? There's only room for one person and that's the admiral or superior of the ship."

Aokiji just chuckled.

"There's a double bed."

'What is he on ab-

Oh.

Oh dear lord.

This man.'

Face burning, (y/n) dropped her bag and her mouth hung open. He turned around and seemed surprised by her reaction as he raised an eyebrow, but the poor lady knew damn well that he was aware.

"A-are you messing with me? I can't just share a bed with a guy I've not known all too long!"

Aokiji sat comfortably on the sofa with a tea in hand as he spread out, the vice admiral in a tizzy while he closed his eyes.

"Not just anyone but my superior?" (Y/n)'s frantic actions amused the man highly as he looked over at her, opening his eyes, as she stood in front of the door.

"Well you tell me," he sighed, "it's either that or you're in with all those unpredictable men below deck." He knew full well. But he tried to cover his weird obsession with the Charlotte with little excuses that also applied. So I mean they weren't really excuses but that's beside the point.

"If anyone knew about this back at HQ, I'd be fired."

"I don't know why you're getting so riled over this, I won't pull anything those men would. Besides, I have to keep my close eye on you, pirate."

Even if he was teasing, (y/n) growled at him in an annoyed fashion. He had won this one.

~~~

23.12.2020