024

"Do you have any idea what could happen if mama was to find out you carry the child of a marine?"

It was the day after (y/n) unfortunate incident and she was seated in one of the many extensive lounge rooms as two people sat across from her: Perospero and Katakuri.

"How do you even know if it was a marine, huh? I didn't know I was pregnant!" (Y/n) dramatically threw her arms open and stood up with annoyance. Oh she damn knew what was going on. Looking at both of her brothers' stern expressions, she sat herself back down and placed her hands on her head and sighed.

"Your only job apart from actually going was to not get attached. And you come back like this." Perospero folded his arms over to match the folded arms of Katakuri, who sat next to him just watching his distressed sister in silence.

'Great. Now I'm going to lose both my jobs... damn it.'

The room was empty except from Oven who stood outside, making sure no one else came in to hear what was being said. The news would get to Big Mom and (y/n) would be ended.

"(Y/n), look," Peros sighed as he placed a hand to his forehead, "you have to tell us because it won't be long before mama does find out."

The woman stayed silent as she gripped her head, heart beating quickly as her mind spiralled. Perospero stood and put his hands to his hips.

"Who is the father?"

'The father this child won't have...'

Gulls called from outside the window as the large panes of glass displayed the morning sun and all of the sugary landscape.

"(Y/n) if you don't tell us, mama is going to seriously do something."

'I don't want to have to choose between my family or you...'

"(Y/n), I'm serious-"

"Kuzan."

Perospero raised an eyebrow, his eyes locking onto the ones that (y/n) was squeezing shut to avoid confrontation. Her hands clenched into fists.

"Admiral Aokiji, Kuzan."

Katakuri had his gaze travel onto his older brother as he could see Perospero internally processing the information before sitting down. The candyman took in a deep breath and huffed.

"Mama isn't going to like this."

"Kuzan, you can't keep moping around."

A few weeks passed since (y/n)'s siblings had learnt of who exactly the father was. But unlike the woman who had been dealt with by her mother and was now resting up, Aokiji was called into Sengoku's office. The Marines had won the war.

Aokiji yawned as he stood before the older man who then slammed his hands onto his desk in front of him.

"If this is about Vice Admiral (y/n), she's a traitor to the Navy and we can't do anything about it,"
Sengoku watched as the admiral held his head,
"You have the recommendation for fleet admiral now, it will be your responsibility to arrest her. She's one of a Yonko's executives and therefore is now someone with a bounty higher than most, you need to leave it be."

"You're a beautiful woman," he began, moving his hand to her chin and giving a tiny smile, "I would have fallen if you weren't a pirate."

Even though she would never admit, as she tore her eyes from his and looked down, it broke her slightly. He wasn't wrong, that's how the world worked. How the world chooses your fate for you. Aokiji noticed and picked up her chin as they lay facing one another, her eyes reconnecting with his, slightly upset.

"Maybe I would have too, if you weren't a jerk."

(Y/n) turned over and away from him, angry with him and herself. How could she let her emotions get in the way of her goals. But she felt him pull her back into his chest, he sighed dejectedly.

"Arara, It was a joke. Maybe I have fallen already, hm?" Aokiji chuckled lightly and (y/n) huffed, smiling in relief to herself.

Aokiji felt his heart clench as the bittersweet memories with the woman he had fallen in love with invaded him. If only he hadn't of fallen for a pirate.

And as if his day couldn't get any worse, he came down the stairs from Sengoku's office only to see Garp standing in the hallway.

"Ah, Kuzan." It was usual for Garp to have a giant grin on his face, laughing or joking around with the people he conversed with. But not this time.

The old man could read the admiral's face from a mile away, seeing how he seemed... different since the vice admiral had left.

To Garp's surprise, Aokiji carried on walking. He only gave a wave but it was stopped by the older man with a hand to his shoulder.

"Kuzan." He paused, the grip on his shoulder tightening to let the admiral know he was still talking.

"I know it's hard, losing someone. But you just gotta keep on going forward."

~~~

09.01.2021

Author's Notes

Not many things to say, except expect this to be one of the last chapters.

For there is a future on the horizon.

- TransponderSnail