012

Please bear in mind the One Piece timeline is not going to align with the story. It will, though, roughly follow the pre-Timeskip era but won't be in line.

Thoughts rushed through her head as (y/n) stormed her way out of the room and across the deck with the snail in hand, causing waves of attention to fume towards her. As she leaned on the hard railings, her hand messing with the creature as she put in a familiar number, her eyes still fixated on the small island ahead while her hands fiddled.

"...gacha."

Aokiji was standing overlooking the small crew of rookie pirates when his all-too-casual conversation was broken by the ringing of his den den mushi.

"Den den mushi?" A blonde who smoked a cigarette raised an eyebrow as the lazy admiral changed his attention to the call.

"Kuzan." Aokiji was surprised to hear the feminine voice of the caller, and seemingly the crew also seemed confused.

"(Y/n)? Did something happen?" He heard a loud sigh from the other end as the aforementioned woman seemed impatient.

"No. But I assume you are now there, so I'm here to tell you this." She took a large inhale and sounded serious.

"If Sengoku calls, don't answer. The contents of the call aren't for unwanted ears. We can talk when you're back."

(Y/n) abruptly ended the call and turned back around to see the marines highly confused at what had just happened. One of them stepped out boldly and walked towards the woman who gripped her now-forming headache. Why was so much going on all at once? First mama now this...

"(Y-y/n), ma'am?" He reached out his arm only for his hand to be dismissed with a push from the woman, her body straightening out and her eyes scanning across her subordinates.

"I'm fine, worry about yourself. We have work to be doing." A cheer of 'yes, ma'am!' Echoed around the ship as the woman made her way back to her room.

The late-afternoon light was being soaked up into the walls of the main cabin as the unstopping bullet known as (y/n) carried on doing her various pieces of paperwork. It was something she had always done as a marine so why now, as she munched on a usual pumpkin pie that had been made by the ship's cook and which's grease was smeared on her paper, did she feel weighted? She clenched her teeth and wrote as thoughts on what was going on crowded her head. Too much was going on so thinking of when to go back home, as well as a newly sprung war effort that the fleet admiral mention would totally involve the strongest man living who happened to be a Yonko, was too much.

'I don't think I've ever had to deal with so much, dammit. Even when I was back home I never had to deal with more than this.'

Pushing her work away with a grunt, (y/n) got to her feet and shoved her coat from her shoulders.

'The shower calls.'

Being probably the warmest room on the vessel, (y/n) felt less stressed as she twisted the handle which in turn made steaming water run from the shower head. Clothing dropping to the floor, the woman locked the door before getting into the warm embrace of the pleasurable water: the steam gracefully drifting inside of the room. Her large exhale echoed as she reached for the soap, beginning to lather it across her body. It always ate at her, the way many small gashes from previous conflict littered her smooth skin, bumped under her touch. It was like constant reminders of her past defeats and harsh training each Charlotte would endure.
However, what made it better was the soap which covered her, keeping her stress free.

'Cinnamon apples, huh.'

The shampoo bunched in her hair as she smelt the cozy and wintery aroma of the product - the one that smelt just like his hair. Kuzan clearly liked the smell as the conditioner which went with it was the same.