Chapter 5

(3rd person)

".............................................................................................huh?" It was Sophia's (B's) turn to be in utter shock.

"..." What the hell am I supposed to say in this situation?! Great sage I thought you said this would warrant the least reaction from them!? Rimuru thought to himself.

<<Answer. Correct. This answer is the one that would give the least reaction without making master out to be the villain>>

...How is this the option with the least rational when they react like this! Rimuru wanted to yell. The two girls were just staring at him blankly as if frozen in time. Then his words slowly started to sink in. Rimuru begins to take a step back in an attempt to escape, but his arm is grabbed by Sophia (B).

"...What is it Sophia," He asks nervously.

"Is this some kind of joke?" She asked with a threatening smile.

I can't exactly say that, now can I! Rimuru wanted to yell at her.

"You literally used magic right in front of me," she adds.

"N-no," he responds shakily. "I... don't need a god's blessing to use magic?" he said trying to make himself as small as possible.

"Oi, that's an even worse lie than anything I've heard before." Sophia (B) responded. 'No, no it would explain how she used chantless magic, if she doesn't draw magic from the gods, we have no clue how powerful it could become.' the real Sophia tried to reason. But B wasn't having it. 'Not now!' she yelled back.

"I'm sorry I must have just misheard you what did you say again?" Misha asks nervously. Seriously please don't make me repeat myself in front of Sophia she looks like she's about to snap. Were Rimuru's thoughts, but in the end, he was just delaying the inevitable.

"I am n-not part of a f-familia," Rimuru said once again this time more nervous.

"..." no one could say anything. The atmosphere was tense. Too tense. They needed an out, and luck for them they were going to get one.

"Hey, Misha what you're up to..." There was a half-elf guild employee, she had green eyes and brown hair that went to her shoulders. it was Eina a friend of Misha. She realized a little too late how tense they were. And they wouldn't let that opportunity go.

"Yes well..." Misha points at Rimuru and says "she claims she isn't part of a Familia, but was on the 18th floor of the dungeon alone."

"...Huh?" Eina asks. Surprise was written on her face. "How?" she turns towards Rimuru then asks. Wanted to scream.

"Well, you see... I can fight monsters without the blessing of a god," Rimuru explained.

"WHAT!?" Eina shouted gaining the attention of everyone in the room. Something Rimuru was hoping to avoid. Misha was able to overcome her shock to turn towards Eina.

"Does something like that even exist," she asks.

"There are legends before the gods descended to gekai with mages helping heroes with journeys," she said. "But, to think that someone would even attempt to learn magic without the help of the Gods," she added glancing at Rimuru who could hear her despite her trying to hide her voice. Another of the guild employees with more experience heard the commotion and decided to put a swift end to it. This person was Rose Fannett she was a werewolf with long red wavy hair.

"What is going on here?" She asked. Rimuru was starting to get tired of explaining things so he left it to the other two guild employees. Misha explained the situation to her quickly. Rose was unamused. She sighed "let me deal with this you two get back to work." she commanded.