Chapter 15

(A/N: So. I'm going on a small hiatus...  it won't be long probably only a month or so, but as it is writing this is probably one of my lower priorities right now.  It being lower on my priority list means I put less thought into and putting less thought into it means the quality dwindles.  So my plan is to clear some of my things on my priority list, move this up, and pay more attention to it.  So it will only last as long as it takes to clear up some of my priorities such as catching up on manga light novels, and such (not to mention homework).  I have a lot of unread light novels to read just gathering dust on my bookshelf so until I read all of those (15 or so) I won't upload much if at all  If I really feel like it I might write a quick chapter but other than that I'm on hiatus. so yeah. sorry.)

"Sword Princess! Hey, can't you hear me?!"

Lulune yelled loudly. However, no sounds of confirmation could be heard, not over the roaring monsters at the very least.

Aiz had gotten separated from the Hermes familia and a giant wall made of that same fleshy green that covered the cavern already cut them off from her.

"What the hell just happened?! Asfi, what do we do?!" Lulune asked.

"...If you have the energy to be concerned about her, use it to protect yourself. We must evacuate the moment a path is cleared."

"...wh-Have you no heart?" she tried to argue 

"She's the Sword Princess!!" Asfi countered 

Understandably they were panicked, but even so, they had to continue to fend off the monsters before they could think about meeting up with Aiz again.

"New enemies on the rear flank! Five of them!"

"More from the front too!"

Hearing the new information Asfi quickly gave orders.

"Scatter the magic stones!"

At her command, purple stones flew across the room, clearing a path for them to follow. Asfi didn't waste a moment.

"All units forward" she commanded.

Thanks to Aiz's information she learned that these monsters were attracted to magic and magic stones. She used this information to her advantage and manipulated the monsters to do her bidding.

Falling to the back of the formation Asfigrabbed to holsters of burst oil to ensure the encounter ended here.

"Nelly, a magic sword!"

She hurled the liquid grenades into the swarm of monsters focused on the magic stone.

The human supporter grabbed the magic sword and swang it at the monsters causing a stream of fire to erupt from it.

It collided with the burst oil causing a large explosion engulfing the plant monsters in flames.

However, Just as soon as they had finished off that group a new one came.

"Asfi, there's still a ton coming from the front!" Lulune called out still fighting off monsters.

"Apparently, they don't want us going any further down this hall...!" Asfi deduced based on how desperately the increase of intensity of the monsters.

She moved forward to the front and began to advance down the hall cutting down the monsters that got in her way. Her party along with her advanced at a steady pace before...

"...What is this place?"

A dim red light filled a room ahead. They had finished off most of the monsters in front of them.