Chapter Forty Eight

New York, 2012, towards end of the battle

The group landed in a rubble filled alley, hidden away from the 2012 Avengers. The somewhat familiar twist in Alex's stomach subsided as she took a deep breathe.

"All right, we all have our assignments. Two Stones uptown, one Stone, down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." Steve instructed before a very anger 2012 Hulk came running by. He stopped in front of the alley, smashing a car on top of an alien and anything else he could find. The group turned to Bruce who put a hand over his face, embarrassed.

"Feel free to smash a few things along the way." Alex joked with a light slap on Bruce's arm.

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." He answered as he ripped his tank top off. He walked ahead of the group grabbing a few small piece of rubble and throwing them with a weak roar. He picked up a motorbike and tossed it aside with another small roar as Alex raised an eyebrow.

"That's just pathetic." She muttered.

*****

"Got to hustle, Cap. Things look like they're just about wrapped up here." Tony said as he scanned the interior of the tower.

"Got it. I'm approaching the elevator now." Alex heard Steve speak through the comms.

"If it's all the same to you... I'll have that drink now." 2012 Loki said as he sat on the ground in front of the Avengers.

"All right, get him on his feet. We can all stand around posing up a storm later. By the way, feel free to clean up." Alex shrunk back into the shadows as 2012 Tony walked by in his Ironman suit.

"Uh, Mr. Rogers. I almost forgot that that suit did nothing for your ass." Tony said as he eyed 2012 Steve.

"No one asked you to look, Tony." Steve replied.

"Steves didn't. Natties did everything though." Alex face held a small smirk as her eyes travel up and down her wife's past self.

"It's ridiculous." Tony muttered.

"I think you look great, Cap. As far as I'm concerned, that's America's ass." Scott speaks up form his place on Tony's shoulder.

"Who gets the, uh, magic wand?" Natasha question as she held the Loki's scepter in her hands.

"STRIKE team's coming to secure it." Tony answered. Not a second later, the elevator door beeped to signal it opening. Alex quickly grabbed Tony's hand and materialized them to another hidden corner. The STRIKE team including Rumlow and Sitwell walk in through the elevator doors and up to the group.

"We can take that off your hands." 2012 Sitwell said as he grabbed the scepter that Natasha was holding.

"By all means. Careful with that thing." She said as Sitwell examined it with awe.

"Unless you want your mind erased. And not in a fun way." Clint spoke as he handed Natasha a glass of alcohol.

"We promise to be careful." Sitwell assured as the packed the scepter into its case.

"Who are these guys?" Scott questioned.

"They are SHIELD...Well, actually Hydra. But, we didn't know that yet." Tony answered.

"Seriously, you didn't? I mean...they look like bad guys."

"You're small, but you're talking loud." Tony said in a low whisper as Alex scoffed lightly.

"On my way down to coordinate search and rescue." 2012 Steve informed as he walked out of the room.

"On my way down to coordinate search and rescue!" 2012 Loki mimicked as he transformed into Steve before turning back into himself. "I mean, honestly! How do you think you'll be..."

"Shut up." Thor snapped as he slapped a device over Loki's mouth.

"All right, you're up, little buddy. There's our stone." Tony stated as he looked at the blue cube in a box.

"Alright. Flick me." Scott instructed as he prepared himself for flight.

"That sounded sexual." Alex muttered to herself, ignoring the look Tony gave her.

Tony flicks Scott onto his 2012 self, who landed right into his beard. 2012 Tony then scratched his beard, causing Scott to fall onto Tony's reactor.

As the group starts making their way to the elevator, Tony and Alex jump out of an open window. Tony's suit start forming around him as he shoots off into the sky. Alex continued falling until she gets closer to the ground. Once she is close enough to see a defined spot she materializes there.

"All right, Cap. I got our scepter in the elevator just passing the 80th floor." Tony said as he flew around the outside of the building.

"On it. Head to the lobby." Steve answered as Alex started walking to the front of the tower.

"Alright. I'll see you there."

"Thumbelina, do you copy? I've got eyes on the prize. It's go-time." Tony questioned as he stood in the lobby wearing a black soldier outfit.

Alex gripped the handle of the door to enter the tower. She slid a pair of glasses that she found in a passing persons pocket over her eyes. Her shoes lightly clicked across the floor as she near a seating area.

"Bombs away. Is... is that Axe body spray?" Scott questioned back at Tony.

"Yeah, I had a can just for emergencies. Relax. Can we focus, please?" Tony answered as Alex let out a small laugh.

"I'm going inside you. Now."

"That also sounded sexual." Alex chuckled from behind her opened magazine.

"May I ask you where you're going?" 2012 Pierce questioned as he stepped in front of the group. Alex's shoulders tensed a little at the voice but she quickly forced herself to relax.

"To lunch and then Asgard. I'm sorry, you are?" Thor answered.

"Alexander Pierce. He's the man, one of the folks behind Nick Fury." Tony informed.

"My friends call me Mr. Secretary. I'm gonna have to ask you to turn that prisoner over to me." Pierce instructed.

"Loki will be answering to Odin himself."

"Oh, he's gonna answer to us. Odin can have what's left. And I'm gonna need that case, that's been SHIELD property for over 70 years." Pierce insisted as a few guys grabbed Loki's arms.

"Hand over the case, Stark." An agent demanded as 2012 Tony pulled the case away from the other man.

"All right, move it, Stuart Little. Things are getting dicey up here. Let's go." Tony said as to rushed Scott.