Chapter Fifty Five

Upstate New York, 2023, moments later

Alex gently took the stones that floated around her into her hands as she turned to face Tony, who looked at her in shock. She look at his right arm that he was cradling between his chest and left arm.

"You've been hiding that all along?" Tony breathed out.

"I suppose I have." She answered before waving her hand over his arm. Her wrist glowed green before his arm started to return to normal.

"You can control the stones?" A voice questioned behind her.

Alex only nodded to the Doctor in response before she was tackled in a hug. The metal suit that hugged her almost crushed the air out of her lungs before they held her at arms length away.

"You saved Tony. I don't know if I will ever be able to repay you."

"Pepper, you have done more than enough for me and my family. There is nothing you need to do." Alex answered the strawberry blonde before she moved towards Tony, most likely to hug him to death and scold him.

"AJ?"

"Bailey." Alex let out a deep breathe as she took the girl into a bone crushing hug. They stayed that way for a few moments before Bailey finally broke the silence.

"Where's Natasha?" Alex couldn't help the sob that escaped her throat as tightened her hold on the younger girls shoulders. Realization suddenly hit Bailey like a ton of bricks before she muttered. "She didn't make it."

Alex just nodded her head as she lowered the two to the ground. They both had tears rolling down their faces as they mourned the loss of wife and mother.

*****

"Are you sure you don't want to do a funeral first?" Steve questioned Alex as they walked toward the smaller quantum time travel machine.

"I'm sure." She answered the man in the white suit. "I'm not giving up hope yet. I've got a few ideas I want to try first."

"Okay." He nodded stopped before Bruce, Sam, and Bucky.

"Now, remember– You have to return the stones to the exact moment you got them. Or you're gonna open up a bunch of nasty alternative realities." Bruce informed, as he showed the two the case that held all six stones.

"Don't worry, Bruce. Clip all the branches." Steve said before closing the case that now held five Infinity Stones.

"You know, I tried. When I had the gauntlet, the stones, I really tried to bring her back. I miss her, man." Bruce spoke softly, sharing a look with Alex.

"Me, too." She gave a small smile back. "We all tried."

Alex walked over to the small platform and waited for Steve as he shared a few last minute words with Bucky and Sam.

"How long is this gonna take?" Sam asked as he and Bucky walked beside Bruce and Steve walked to the platform.

"For them? As long as they needs. For us? Five seconds." Bruce answered as Alex click her wrist band making the white suit appear around her.

"Ready, guys? Alright. We'll meet you back here, okay?" Bruce asked as Steve picked up Mjolnir.

"You bet." Steve answered before sharing a smile with Alex.

"Going quantum. Three, two, one–" That was the last thing Alex heard Bruce say before she zoomed off through the blur of a world, splitting off from Steve and landing on a Planet she could only assume was Vormir.

The blonde looked down at the orange stone in her hand before moving her eyes towards the tallest mountain she could find. With a deep breathe and one final look at the stone she teleported her way to the top of the mountain. She slowly turned in a circle as her eyes traveled across the dark colored stone.

"Alexandria, daughter of Viktor. To what do I owe the pleasure." The red faced figure floated towards her, its black cloak flipping through the air.

"I come to get something of mine." Alex answered shortly, eyeing the figure that floated around her.

"Ah, you've come for Natasha." It pieced together rather quickly. "I'm afraid I can't give her back to you. You see, her and Clint made a exchange. A soul-"

"-for a soul." Alex answered, raising the yellow stone. "I know the deal, which is why I've come to make the same deal."

"I'm afraid it is not that simple."

"Make it that simple." Alex ordered as she clutched her fist around the stone. "Make it that simple or I destroy the one thing you live up here for. You know as well as I do that you need this stone back."

Alex watched as the words sunk into the figure mind. It was thinking over her threat. If this didn't work then Alex didn't know what she was going to do. This was her last option and she wasn't ready to give up yet. She couldn't, wouldn't, go back empty handed.

"You give me the stone in exchange for what?" It pondered as it floated towards the open cliff.

"My wife's life. You give me Natasha before she gave her life for this stone and I give you the stone back." Alex answered, slowly following behind the floating figure.

"Deal." The figure stuck out its hand as its dark eyes looked at her. Alex slowly stuck her hand out and was about to drop the stone into the boning red hand before she drew it back.

"No tricks." She stated. "You bring Natasha back the same she was the moment before she jumped, not a moment later and not a moment before."

"You're smart, and cautious." It hummed. "That good."

"I'm just making sure that I'm getting exactly was I came for." Alex retorted.

"And you will. I promise you that." With that Alex finally stuck her hand out and dropped the stone into the figure boning red hand. The stone slowly fell from Alex's hand and into the other. A split second after the stone came into contact with its original owners hand, a flash of white then black filled Alex's vision before she awoken in a puddle of water.

She looked at her hand, flipping them over on both side, looking to see if she still had the stone. When she didn't see it she immediately began patting down her suit, cursing at herself when she didn't fill it anywhere.

"No. No, no, no." She repeated as she continued to pat her pockets and the water around her.

"Xandria?" She froze at the voice. Slowly raising her eyes from the water, she was met with the familiar red head.

"Nattie." She breathed out before scrambling to her feet. "Its really you."

"Its really me." Natasha answered. "What happened, where's Cl-"

Alex didn't give the red head a chance to continue speaking before she rushed forward and captured her in kiss. Shocked by the sudden action, Natasha hesitated before quickly kissing back. The two women gripped each others faces as if it was the last thing that either would ever do.

"Let's go home. I'll explain everything there." Alex spoke once she broke the kiss to breathe.

"Yeah, let's go home." Natasha answered with a smile. Alex firmly grasped the woman's hand before the two traveled through the quantum realm one final time.