Chapter 55

(A/N: Hey guys, hope you're all well! Who's ready for Christmas? I was, until where I live was put into basically lockdown by the Prime Minister, as of today, so now I, along with millions of others, can't go and see our families on Christmas Day, which truly sucks, the one day that I've been looking forward to all year, since the pandemic started, and even that has been taken away from us, it'll be the first Christmas that I haven't spent with my family, but hey, what can we do.. On another note, I HAVE made an Instagram account for my wattpad, please, feel free to follow the account, the username is sarahrwattystories, I have posted already about all of my wattpad stories, and each time I update a story, I'll post about the new update, I will also post about any new stories as they come too, so be sure to give it a follow if you have an IG and want to follow it! I think that's about it, enjoy this chapter, it is a bit shorter than other chapters as I guess it's more of a filler, next chapter will be quite romantic if I can do it justice! Anyway, have a nice Christams, wherever you are, and I'll hopefully be back this time next week! Stay safe, be happy! Laters :P)

Addison's POV

These last two weeks have been exhausting and exciting. Scarlett is growing so quickly and she's such a beautiful baby, but she can really scream at 2 or 3 in the morning when she's demanding a feed, or a nappy change, or cuddles. Stefan has been amazing with her, even though I've tried constantly telling him that I feel fully recovered, he's still made sure I've had the rest I've needed, meaning that he's been getting up during the night more than I have, to tend to Scarlett's needs.

And then there's Stan and Megan's news, not only are they going to be parents, they're having twins, and getting married. It's insane and exciting. And they're both genuinely excited, I don't think either of them planned to be in this situation just yet, with marrying and having kids after just a few months, but you tell so easily see that they're a match made in heaven.

I hold Stefan's left hand while he carries Scarlett in her car-seat with his right as we leave my doctors appointment. I had a few checks done and have finally been given the all clear, I'm in good health, which is what I have been telling Stefan for the last few weeks. I am officially fully recovered.

Stefan drives us all back home, we're all happy and excited to move on with our lives.

"I told you that I am recovered" I say as we walk in the door.

"I didn't say you weren't, I just wanted to wait until a doctor told us that you are recovered" He says as he picks up Scarlett from the car-seat.

"I'll go and make us something to eat" I chuckle. I go to the kitchen and find some Spaghetti, and some meatballs. There's an idea. I start cooking the food to make Spaghetti and meatballs. I hear Stefan's phone ringing.

"Hey, El" He greets. Ellie, we haven't heard from her in a couple of weeks, she and Iain have been busy parenting as well as planning their own wedding, and working of course, well, Iain has, Ellie works in TV and is on maternity leave.

Stefan gets my attention as I hear him sounding frustrated on the phone-call.

"You're kidding?! I knew something like this would happen! He just doesn't listen to anyone that knows best" He says. He glances over at me and shakes his head. I wonder who they're talking about, I furrow my eyebrows at him and he mouths 'Dad' to me. His Dad? Derek? What has he done now?

"Everything ok?" I ask, whispering.

"I best give him a call, see what is going on, I told him it was a bad idea" He says. "Yeah, see you soon, give Millie a kiss from us" He says and hangs up.

"Stefan, what's happened? What's going on?" I ask, confused as I keep my eyes on the food I'm cooking.

"Dad, he's such an idiot, I just knew this would go south" He says as he looks at his phone. "I better call him" He says.