Chapter 27

(A/N: Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well! This chapter is in Stefan's POV, he is not doing too good at the moment, understandably.. I came across the song included that seems quite fitting for how Stefan's feeling, about not giving up.. anyway, I hope you're enjoying the story so far, thanks for the continued support, some pretty big things are coming up, and not just for Stefan and Addison! Enjoy this chapter and I'll be back next weekend with the next one! Stay safe, stay well, stay happy! Laters :P) 

I walk down the road, making my way towards Stan's place, not driving, I don't see much point in driving, Stan will probably drive me into work with him, or I'll walk. Besides, I could use the fresh air, and time to myself.

I approach the end of the road and cross at the lights and walk down the next path. I find myself passing a pub. What have I got to lose? My wife has essentially left me, she's my life, my job is going ok one minute, and like I'm walking on thin ice the next minute, I've got a surprise 9 year old son, which isn't actually a bad thing, but my life in general could be going a lot better than this.

I turn back and walk into the pub.

"What can I get for you fella?" The bartender asks.

"Your strongest beer, and as large as possible please" I request as I drop my bag to the floor and sit down at a barstool.

"Here you go fella" He says, passing me a pint.

"Thanks man" I mumble and then drink the pint in one go. "Another please" I request as I hand over the glass.

"Having that kind of time in life eh?" He questions.

"Majorly" I answer.

"I know just what you actually want, and it isn't beer" He says. He gestures for me to give him a moment. He comes back with a few shot glasses. "This'll hit better" He says.

"Vodka shots?" I question.

"They're good for drowning your sorrows" He says. I pay him for all the drinks and drink all the shots down one by one.

"Damn, they really are something" I say as I adjust to the taste. I'm not sure if I've ever had vodka before.

"Want them to keep coming?" He asks. You know what? Why not.

"Sod it, go on then, may as well" I say. He smiles and nods, filling up the shot glasses again and passing them to me.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asks as I down the shots one by one.

"My wife and I are going through something bad, she's kicked me out, temporarily" I say, not saying too much.

"Sounds rough, I hope it works out for you both" He says, passing me over the next round of vodka shots.

"So do I, but this is probably the biggest thing that we've ever fallen out over, it could very well end our marriage" I explain. "She's pregnant with our first child, they're my world life, I can't imagine life without either of them, I just don't know how I can get her to forgive me" I say. I down the next shots.

"You should go easy on those shots mate, you've had a pint and 9 shots, you've only been here for 40 minutes" He suggests.

"As long as I'm paying for them, just keep them coming, ok" I tell him. "Don't worry, I'm not a violent drunk, you won't get any trouble from me" I assure him as I pass him back the shot glasses. He sighs and takes them to refill.

2 and a half hours later, and I'm still at the pub, god knows how many I've had to drink, I lost count after 21. One thing I know is that I'll wake up with a pounding headache, and I don't even care.