Chapter 30

(A/N: Hey everyone, hope you've had a good week, and are having a good weekend! I know I am updating a day earlier, but tomorrow I am busy all day so won't get a chance to get my laptop out and post, and I didn't think I should make you wait until Monday (I've taken a day off work Monday), I am excited to tell you that next weeks chapter is a very special chapter, I'll let you in on a little info, it ISN'T  in either Addison's, or Stefan's point of view.. or third person for that matter.. who's POV do you think it'll be?? Let me know in the comments! This chapter is going to have some somewhat mixed emotions, and it's long too.. but I think you'll like it! Anyway, that's it from me, have a great week, stay happy, and healthy, see you next weekend. Laters :P)

Stefan's POV

It's Sunday morning, around 10:30, I sit in the living-room staring blankly at the TV as I drink my first coffee of the day, I have only been awake for an hour, but I struggled with sleep over night, it's weird being in bed by myself, I'm just so used to having Addi laying next to me, I haven't slept properly all week to be honest, but the last two nights, being home by myself for the first time since moving in, it's something that I hope I don't have to get used to. I have barely had contact with her since she left on Friday evening, she wants time, I'm giving it to her, as much as I miss her. I don't even know if she's any closer to forgiving me, or leaving me. I try not to think about the possibility of her leaving me.

My phone buzzes as I immediately look at the text, wondering if and hoping it is Addi. But it isn't, it's Brooke. She is bringing Tyler over today to see me for a few hours. I read the text.

'Hi Stefan, just wondering if it's ok for Josh to join us today? Turns out he's not working, he'd love to meet you' It reads. I text back right away.

'Yeah sure, I'd love to meet him too! Tell Tyler I can't wait to see him' I send.

I better get ready, I'm still in my pyjamas, I need to shower and get dressed, they're due in around 2 hours from now.

After my shower, I get dressed in a casual t-shirt, and my beige trousers, along with a hoodie, it's slightly on the chilly side today. I tidy myself up, trimming my facial hair and styling my hair once it's dry enough.

At some point they arrive, I open the door and am greeted with Tyler, Brooke and Josh. Josh isn't quite what I imagined, mind you, when all you know about someone is their job, in which he's a police officer, then all you can do is imagine them in a uniform. Josh is around my height, shaved face, spiked up hair that is a brown colour, dresses well, a button up shirt and jeans, with a coat. He looks like a family man, I'm surprised he isn't married with kids now.

"Hey guys, come on in" I greet as I step aside, letting them in.

"Stefan, this is Josh, Josh, Stefan" Brooke introduces.

"Good to meet you at last, Stefan, hope you're doing well" He says.

"You too, I'm doing well enough, thanks" I say as we shake hands. He's good at handshakes, must have to handshake a lot, being in the police force after-all. I offer them drinks, Tyler obviously requests a fizzy drink, Brooke allows it, Josh has a coffee while Brooke has a tea.

"Can we play football?" Tyler asks, eager.

"Don't you think it's a little cold outside for football, buddy?" I question, unsure

"It's never too cold for football, Dad" He tells me. I am liking this 'Dad' thing. I like how he already feels comfortable enough to call me Dad.

"I don't want you to become poorly" I say.

"It's ok, he's pretty good with not being poorly, thankfully" Brooke approves.

"But, what about you guys? You won't feel left out?" I question. I don't want them to feel invisible.