“You’ve had every perfect opportunity to do it. If you say you can hurt me,” You said, placing one hand on his bare chest and finally met his enchanting eyes. “Why haven’t you?” Dio frowned at you. 

“You’ve proven it to me, Dio,” You said. “You can’t hurt me, even if you wanted to. And do you know why that is?”

Dio hummed as a response, curious to hear what your answer might be. 

“You’ve fallen in love with me,”

You saw his eyes widen by a fraction, and grinned in triumph. You chuckled and leaned against him, trying to ease some of the weight off of your leg. Dio immediately noticed your discomfort and led you to the dresser and sat you on the top of it. His hands slid under the fabric of your shirt and danced along the bare skin on your hips as he looked down at you. 

“And what if I have?” He asked. 

“Then it’s a foolish mistake on your part,” You laughed bitterly. “You shouldn’t fall in love with someone like me.”

“Why is that?”

“You ask so many questions,” You sighed, looking up at him. “Because I’ll die soon, Dio.”

Dio frowned in response and held onto your waist tighter. “What?” He snapped. 

“Not literally,” You said. “I’m wanted for murder, and they’ve probably found out I’m gone by now. It’s only a matter of time before they’ve found us. You’ll face off with Jonathan, and I’ll be drug away by the police.”

“No, you will not,” He growled. “I-”

“You cannot face a hundred men at once, no matter how powerful you are,” You cut him off with a hard glare. “You’re overpowered by numbers. I’d rather get arrested than to see you fall because you stupidly tried to save me.” Dio was quiet for a moment as he soaked in your words. 

“You think it’s foolish for me to love you because you don’t want me to perish. If I didn’t know any better, Y/n, I’d say you were worried about me,”

“Of course I am, you blundering buffoon!” You scoffed. “Why else would I go through this much trouble for your sorry ass?”

“You know what?” Dio purred, lowering his face closer to yours. You glared at him coldly. 

“What?” You huff. He placed a hand on your chin, making your eyes slightly widen. 

“I think you’re in love with me.” 

Your face turned red and your body stiffened. 

“Y-You’re an idiot if you think I’d fall in love at all!” You shouted, attempting to pull away, but Dio held you in place. 

“That’s not what you told me a year ago,” He purred. “I’d just say you’re too bullheaded to admit it.”

“I-I’m not in love with you, D-Dio,” You muttered, averting your eyes. Why did you suddenly feel nervous?

“Hmm, believe what you want, Y/n. I know the truth,”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?!” You snapped. Dio chuckled and replaced the hand that was on your chin and moved it to your hair. He threaded his fingers through the strands and began combing it out. You sighed and leaned into his touch. Could you really be in love? Especially to the likes of him?

“Y/n,” Dio said, making you turn your attention to him. “May I do something?”

“What do you mean?” You asked, lips turning into a frown. 

“I want to do something, but I don’t want to upset you,” He muttered. 

“What could you possibly do to-”

Your body froze up, eyes blowing wide. Dio’s lips were pressed against yours. The feeling was foreign and weird to you, but...it wasn’t unpleasant. Dio pulled away and looked at your shocked expression. It was obvious you’d never been kissed, much less romantic with anyone. You glanced at him with shiny eyes, cheeks heating up as you looked at his pretty amber eyes. Your hands hesitantly trailed to his face where you cupped one of his cheeks. Dio grinned as you pulled him back down and pressed your lips against his again. This time, the kiss was much longer. It felt like Dio knew exactly what he was doing, while you had no idea. But as his lips molded against yours, it was like you were learning. Dio took his time and didn’t try to rush it like you’d seen people in the bar do. This was slow and gentle, nothing like you’d seen before. It was almost frightening how gentle he was being with you. He was treating you as if you were the finest piece of china in the world, and so fragile that you could shatter with a single exhale of breath. 

Your eyes fluttered open as Dio’s lips left yours, making you feel colder. He stared down at you with a small smile, and eyes full of admiration. 

“I’m not fragile,” You whispered, voice shaking. 

“I know,” 

“A-and I’m not going to break,”

“I know,”

“Then why do you treat me as if I were?”

Dio’s thumb swiped across your cheek. “You’re valuable to me,”

“What do you mean?”

“You, Y/n,” Dio said, brushing his lips against yours again, making your face heat up once more. 

“You are my mockingbird,”