Chapter 16 The Legrue Corridor

Start from the beginning

As the three of them waited for the players, Zora and Kirito narrowed their eyes.

Zora: What is that...? Do you guys see that?

Leafa then looked surprised.

Leafa: Huh? No I can see anything. They're not visible yet, are they?

Kirito: I can tell it's not a player. It's got red eyes.

Zora: Yeah, kinda like a bat?

Leafa looked at them shocked and looked and then saw a red eyes bat flying towards them and she jumped from behind the wall.

Kirito: H-Hey, what's wrong?

Zora: What'd you break our cover?

Leafa: Because that thing out there is a high level tracing searcher! We have to destroy it!

Leafa then used a wind type magic and took out the tracer.

Leafa: Come on! We got to go!

The three of them then started to run down the cav.

Zora: Can we just hide from one of your spells again?

Leafa: they already know we're here! The enemy knows we blew up their tracer. Hiding's not gonna do us any good. We won't be able to fool them. Beside that bat was a fire element familiar. That could only mean that the one that our tracking us are...

Kirito: They're Salamanders?

Zora: Not them again...

Leafa: But why would a group of Salamanders be way down here?

As they were running, they then saw a massive lake.

Kirito: Wow, check out the lake.

As they continued running, they started to make their way down the bridge leading to the city, but suddenly a wall emerged from the ground and blocked their path and Zora and Kirito both drew their swords and tried to break through, but couldn't.

Leafa: That won't work.

Zora: Why didn't you tell us sooner...

Leafa: Oh right, like it's my fault you guys are in a hurry. It's an earth magic barrier, so physical attack can't break it.

Kirito: Can we jumped in the lake and swim around it?

Leafa: Nope. At least not unless you want to be lunch. The water's filled with high level monsters. The undine are the only who can take those kinds of things on.

Zora: then I guess the only option left is fight.

Leafa: I'm not gonna argue with that, but it won't be easy. If the Salamanders have a high level earth magic, it could only mean one thing. They have a powerful mage on their side.

The three of them drew their swords and Kirito and Zora looked back at Leafa.

Kirito: Leafa, I know your good with a sword, so don't take this the wrong way, but could you back us up from here on out?

Leafa: Huh?

Zora: We need you to stay behind and focus on healing us. That way we can fight harder and not worry about our HP.

Leafa then nodded and jumped back and as the Salamanders started to get closer, Zora and Kirito rushed at them, but the two of them were blocked by the Salamanders tank, but the force of the attack took some of their HP, but the mages in the back just healed them.

Leafa(mind): They're targeting them with everything they got. They're countering Zora and Kirito perfectly!

Suddenly, the mages then shot a fire magic and it hit the two of them, putting their HP in the yellow.