Chapter 61 Central Cathedral

No one's POV

Both Zora and Eugeo continued to look at the Integrity Knight in front of them who revealed herself as Alice Synthesis Thirty and the moment Zora lay his eyes on her, his eyes widened in shock that he couldn't help but muttered.

Zora: Big Sis...?

But it appears that his voice was a dead ring as Eugeo continued to look at her completely and utterly shocked. It couldn't be a coincidence. Eugeo stumbled forward, legs numb.

 Eugeo stumbled forward, legs numb

Eugeo:...Alice...? Is that you...? Are you...Alice...?

Zora(mind): Alice? She looks just like Big Sister Rumia. Golden hair, blue eyes, and the ribbon on her head.

Zora reached out quickly from his side, but Eugeo slipped past his grasp to approach one step closer. The hair and cape rustled, sending forth a faint, light scent. It was gentle and familiar, like a field of flowers under the sun. It was the smell of his old friend's blue apron dress.

Eugeo: Alice!

He called, firmly this time, and reached for her shoulder. She would turn around, greet Eugeo with that fond old smile, mischievous and smug— A glint of light shattered that hope into dust. A tremendous force smashed Eugeo's right cheek, knocking him clean off his feet to land heavily on the training hall floorboards.

 A tremendous force smashed Eugeo's right cheek, knocking him clean off his feet to land heavily on the training hall floorboards

Zora: Eugeo!

Zora cried, helping him up, but Eugeo was so stunned he didn't even register his friend's presence. Somehow, there was a longsword in the knight's outstretched hand, even as she kept her back to them. But it was still sheathed, not naked. She had removed the sheath from its holder and used the end of it to strike Eugeo's cheek.

Alice: Choose your words and actions carefully. I have the right to remove up to seventy percent of your life. The next time you attempt to touch me without permission, I will cut off your hand.

She said, her voice as crisp, clear, and harsh as snowmelt water when she turned around at last.

Eugeo:...Alice...