Chapter 55 Ocean Turtle

No one's POV

Everything happened in slow-motion for the brown hair girl named Kotone Takemiya as she can only helplessly watched her boyfriend Sora Yatagami got stab with the syringe in the chest by one of the murderers behind the Death Gun's incident, Atsushi Kanamoto or famously known as Johhny Black, a survivor member of Laughing Coffin, an infamous Player Killing orange guild in Sword Art Online.

It's all began with Sora, Kazuto, Kotone, Asuna, and Shino met at Dicey Cafe a few hours before the incident took place. As they discussing BoB and STL, Asuna noticed that it was nearly six o'clock, thus prompting the group to finish their conversation and leave the café.

Sora escort Kotone back to her house. When the two reached a small park near Kotone's house where they typically parted ways, the couple was approached by a man, who asked for directions to the station.

However, having realized that the man had been following them since they had left the cafe, Sora confronted the man who later identifies himself as Johnny Black or known by his real name, Atsushi Kanamoto.

Prioritize Kotone's safety, Sora pushed Kotone out of the way when he saw Atsushi produced a syringe filled with succinylcholine from within his jacket and rushed at them as he did the same at the man.

Kotone's eyes widen in shock when she saw Atsushi injected Sora with the drug by pressing the needle-less injector against his shoulder, while the black-haired boy use his feet to kick right into Atsushi's face. Both of them then lurched over and toppled onto the street, fainted.

Kotone: Sora!

(Timeskip)

Having accompanied her injured boyfriend to the Setagaya General Hospital for treatment following the attack, Kotone waited in front of the operating room for Sora's's surgery to be complete.

After calling 911, Johnny Black was then arrested and taken into custody while Sora was rushed to the hospital. Due to the injection, Sora went into Cardiac arrest and his heart had stopped. Just as Kotone was sat down on a bench next to the operation room, Kazuto, Asuna, Suguha, and her parent Midori Kirigaya came running in from the corner and saw her, clenching her hands tightly worried of Sora's safety.

Kazuto: Philia!

Kotone turned her head at them with a sad frown. When she was transferred to the hospital, she immediately called Sora's relative's to come to Setagaya General Hospital after telling them what happened to their son. Kazuto who was taking Asuna home immediately went there with Asuna tagging along when she heard what happened to Sora.

Kotone: Kirito, Asuna, Sugu, Ms Kirigaya...

As time went on, they all were waiting around the operation room and Kotone, Asuna, and Suguha were looking at Sora's slow heart, while Kazuto was holding his Mother's hand telling her that Sora will be alright

As time went on, they all were waiting around the operation room and Kotone, Asuna, and Suguha were looking at Sora's slow heart, while Kazuto was holding his Mother's hand telling her that Sora will be alright. The surgery almost took all night, but the moment the red light turned off, all 5 of them went inside where they all saw Sora hooked to different machines and was slowly breathing and the doctor came up to them.