Chapter 51

2 1/2 weeks later.

Rose's POV.

Henry started playing football a couple of weeks ago and I haven't been seeing him much because he is always out practicing or at games. The last time I saw him was this morning since I live with him, but I don't really see him at school. I'm starting to realize that the promise he made me of never losing him, is slipping away.

I slowly walked down stairs and slipped out the front door. I just wanted to get away from the house. While I was out I walked to the park and sat on one of the swings. I feel like things between Henry and I are slowly tearing apart, maybe we just weren't meant to be.

"Hey Rose." a familiar voice says.

I jerk my head up to see Sari.

"OMG hey. How's everything going, haven't seen you in forever." I say.

"Everything's great. How have you been, you don't seem to giddy." she says with a frown.

"I don't know. It's just I feel like Henry and I are slowly spreading apart." I say in a low tone.

"Oh. That's bad news, you guys are like the #1 topic in school." she says.

"I know, but I just feel like his job, football, school, acting and tutoring are getting in between us." I say while pushing the swing with my foot.

"Have you talked to him about this?" She asks.

"No because I barely ever see him and there is never enough time for me." I say.

"Look, I'm sorry. Maybe you just need to try confronting him." She says.

"Okay, thanks for your help." I say as I hop off the swing.

Where am I off to now? I start walking to Junk-N-Stuff, so I can tell Ray that I quit.

As I open the door and walk over to the elevator Henry texts me.

*Messages*

H- Hey. Where are you?? Need you ASAP!😁

R- I'm at Junk-N-Stuff. Why do you need me?

H- I need to talk to you.

R- Great. See you in 5.

I walked all the way home. When I was standing right in front of the door I just stopped and started shaking. I knew what was coming next, a break up. I turned the knob and opened the door all the way, then walked upstairs.

I knocked on his door and he opened it. He stood there with a smile on his face.

"Come in." he says.

"So what do you need to talk to me about?" I ask.

"Us." he says.

"I think I know where this is going." I say with a sigh.

"Look. I know I haven't been spending enough time with you, but I never have time and trust me I miss spending time with you." he says.

"I do too." I say.

He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me on the lips.

"I'm sorry." he says.

"For what?" I ask.

"For not making time for you." he says.

"Um. It's okay." I say.

"No it's not. I'm supposed to be a great boyfriend and I'm doing a horrible job." he says.

"Just because you don't have time for me doesn't mean that you're a terrible boyfriend you just have your hands tied up and I get that. Your a teenager and your supposed to have a job, play any sport you want, or just have/ do something that you want." I say.

"I just feel terrible because I never see you anymore. I just want to quit football because I want to see you more." he says.

"Please don't do that you really love football and I don't want to be the cause for you quitting." I say.

"And I really love you, that's why I want to quit something I love for someone I love more." he says.

"Henry I-" I say.

"Rose I'm going to quit football okay. I'll have extra time with you, I'll see you at Junk-N-Stuff, and school." he interrupts.

"About Junk-N-Stuff, just before you called me I was getting ready to quit." I say.

"Why. You're great at what you do." he says.

"Because I couldn't handle not seeing you and I didn't want to see you when you were hurt by a villain." I say.

"But you can't quit." he says.

"I'm doing this just so I can see you when your safe with me." I say.

"What about when I'm Kid Danger and I'm protecting people I want to protect you." he says.

"And you'll be protecting me by letting me quit." I say.

"We need you at the Man Cave you're smart and you give me the strength to fight." he says.

"I'm sorry, but I need to be alone." I say while getting up.

"Rose." he says.

"I need to be alone." I say.

He walks closer to me, wraps his arms around me, and kisses me on the cheek.

"I Love you." he says.

"I Love you too." I say and walk out of his room.