Chapter 5

It was time for the students of Hogwarts to head down to Hogsmeade that weekend, and Harry was ecstatic. He had finally mustered up the courage to ask Claire to go with him, and she had accepted. Harry stood in front of his mirror, smoothing out his clothes. He let out a nervous breath, shaking his hands. Ron snorted as he placed a hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Calm down, Harry. You'll be alright," he said. Harry smiled, nodding.

"Thanks, Ron."

___

Arabella winked at Claire as she joined Harry, who was waiting for her near the path to Hogsmeade. Claire rolled her eyes at her best friend, turning her attention to the nervous boy in front of her.

"Ready to go?" he asked. Claire nodded, giving him a smile. He smiled right back as they started to walk down the path.

The two made their way into Honeydukes first. Harry smiled as he saw Claire's eyes light up at the sight of all the magical candy. "Pick out anything you want," Harry said. Claire looked at him, a huge smile on her face. "Really?" she asked. The green-eyed boy nodded. Claire grinned even wider, moving towards the shelf that had a huge sign, reading "Honeydukes Best Chocolate!" Claire grabbed a bar from the shelf, turning back towards Harry.

"That's it?" he asked. Claire laughed, shaking her head. "I don't want to trouble you," she admitted. Harry shook his head. "Nonsense. When I said pick out whatever you like, I meant it," he stated. Claire hesitated but nodded. She walked through the sweet shop filled with students, Harry following close behind. Without realizing it, Claire reached behind her, grabbing Harry's hand. He blushed, but gladly weaved his fingers through hers.

Claire stopped in front of a rack of Cauldron Cakes, carefully taking one off of the rack. She smiled at Harry. He grinned, holding up a box that he had just picked off of the shelf.

"Those are banned at Hogwarts. How are you going to get away with it?" Claire asked. Harry shook his head. "We could just eat them now," he replied. Claire nodded, grinning.

Harry quickly paid for their sweets, joining Claire at the exit of the shop. Together, they made their way to the Three Broomsticks, ordering a mug of Butterbeer each.

"You know, I never noticed you until this year," Harry said, taking a sip of his drink. Claire raised an eyebrow. "Well, it's good to know that barely anyone knows me," she said. Harry shook his head violently.

"No! I didn't mean it like that!" he rambled. Claire laughed loudly. "I was just kidding," she said. Harry let out a sigh of relief. He opened his mouth to speak again, but stopped when he saw Claire's confused expression. He followed her gaze to the entrance of the Three Broomsticks, where Arabella was frantically looking around.

"CLAIRE!" Arabella exclaimed, finally setting her eyes on her friend. "What happened?" Claire asked, standing up.

"It's Asterio! He's in the hospital wing!"

Claire's jaw dropped. "Alright, I'll be right there!" she said. Arabella nodded, rushing back out of the pub. Claire turned towards Harry, a sad expression on her face. "I'm really sorry, Harry. I really did enjoy this, but I have to go," she said. Harry nodded, forcing a smile onto his face. "It's alright. We can do this again another time," he said. Claire nodded, but sadly.

She left the pub quickly, running back up to the castle.

Harry sighed, leaning back into his seat.

________________________________________________________________________________

AWWWWW

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I actually planned out the rest of the book, so I know exactly what each chapter will contain ;)

Stay cool, Anika<3