Chapter 18

Claire ran through the ruins of Hogwarts, calling out for Harry. She had been able to get away from most of her battles unscathed, leaving every opponent either injured or dead.

"Arania Exumai!" Claire exclaimed. The Acromantula in front of her went flying backwards, allowing her to sigh in relief. She turned sharply on her heel, only to be met with the hard chest of an unmasked Death Eater.

"Mr. Scott?" Claire whimpered. Arabella's father, a man that Claire looked up to, stood in front of her, an unrecognizable look in his eyes. Before Claire could react, he wrapped his fingers around her throat, constricting her airways. Claire brought her wand to his stomach, but he caught her wrist in his other hand. Tears welled up in her eyes as she started to get dizzy.

"STUPEFY!"

Claire dropped to the ground, coughing uncontrollably as Mr. Scott was blasted away from her. A pair of arms pulled her back up, supporting her as she regained her breath. Claire rubbed her throat, blinking back the tears. She focused on the sight in front of her, making her eyes widen. Arabella was standing over her father, pure fury in her eyes. Asterio squeezed Claire's shoulder as they watched their best friend let out an angry scream.

"I TRUSTED YOU! AND THIS IS WHAT YOU DO?" she yelled. Claire winced. Arabella shook her head, letting out a heavy breath.

"You are no father of mine," she spat, pointing her wand at straight at her father's chest. Claire's mouth fell open as Arabella cast a single spell.

"Diffindo!"

A large gash appeared across Mr. Scott's chest, gushing bright red blood. Arabella turned away from the crying man, making her way back to her friends. Her face was stone cold as she took Claire's hand. Claire shared a look with Asterio, who shrugged with his eyebrows knitted together.

Claire wiped her nose with her torn sleeve, whipping her head left and right as she looked for her green-eyed lover. When she had heard the slithering voice of none other than Voldemort once again, she knew she had to find Harry. She shuddered, remembering his exact words.

"You have fought valiantly, but in vain. I do not wish this; every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I therefore command my forces to retreat. In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity. Harry Potter, I now speak directly to you. On this night, you have allowed your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonor. Join me in the Forbidden Forest and confront your fate. If you do not do this, I shall kill every last man, woman, and child who tries to conceal you from me."

As Claire made her way towards the Great Hall, she spotted Harry standing in the doorway, watching people cry over the dead bodies of their loved ones. He had tears in his eyes and his fists were clenched. Before Claire could call out for him, Harry ran through the hall, away from everyone.

Claire followed behind him, and so did Ron and Hermione.

"HARRY, ARE YOU MAD?" Ron asked as they came to a stop on the stairwell. Harry stopped in his tracks, but he didn't turn around. It was Hermione's voice that made him turn towards them.

"What is it that you know, Harry?" she asked quietly.

"There's a reason I can hear them, the Horcruxes. I think I've known for a while, and I think you have, too," Harry said. Claire furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She knew what a Horcrux was, but she didn't know anything about Voldemort's Horcruxes. Tears filled Hermione's eyes as she stepped towards Harry.

"I'll go with you," she sobbed.

"No. Kill the snake. Kill the snake and then it's just him."

Hermione threw her arms around Harry, who returned her hug just as tightly. Ron's face held an unreadable expression. He didn't want to accept the fact that his best friend was about to give himself up.

But Claire understood now. She understood what Harry was about to do.

"Harry, you can't," she said. Her voice came out as nothing more than a whisper. Tears streamed down her face, making Harry's heart shatter. He stepped towards her, taking her hands in his own.

"It's alright, Claire," he said. Claire shook her head. "Please... you can't go," she whimpered. Harry let out a breath, smiling sadly at her. He kissed her forehead slowly, pulling away only the slightest bit.

"I'll love you forever, Princess."

His eyes flashed towards Ron, sharing a knowing look with him. Ron nodded as Harry pulled away from Claire. The red-headed boy wrapped his arms around Claire, who was thrashing around.

"NO! HARRY, COME BACK! PLEASE! NO!"

Harry turned away from her, tears threatening to fall from his eyes as he attempted to drown out Claire's screams. And then he ran, all the way to the Forbidden Forest.

Claire sobbed, her breathing becoming uneven as she continued to fight against Ron's strong arms. Hermione bit her lip before taking Claire from Ron. She wrapped her in a hug, letting Claire cry into her shoulder.

________________________________________________________________________________

Can we ignore the red glint in Malina's eyes at the end of the GIF please??

Lol I was listening to drivers license when I wrote this chapter

Also, only two chapters until the epilogue :)

Stay cool, Anika<3