𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 18

AMELIA'S POV :-

Last night was pretty hectic. First, Xavier asked me out which is still unbelievable to me. Secondly, when Niall got the call from his parents we immediately went back to his house picking Matt on the way. When we reached there the things were out of their places. Everything was completely destroyed.

Niall and I were taken aback by all this. Uncle was pacing back and forth and Aunty was sitting on one of the chair crying. I wondered who did this. It could be anyone. But what the uncle said next made me stop breathing for a while.

It was dad.

 He said that dad was here half an hour ago, asking for me and Matt and when he didn't find us he destroyed whatever was in his sight. But the damage I saw there couldn't be done by one person. It was at least two people work but I put the thought away.

They told me dad had said that he will come back soon and when he will, he will make sure that me and Matt are locked up in our house and that he will make my life hell. As if, he wasn't doing that before. 

But the questions that were continuously popping in my head were, where he actually was? Where he was staying? What the hell was he doing? What in the world was he planning? 

After that incident Niall begged me that me and Matt should stay with them. But I refused his offer. I can take care of my brother and myself. That is what I was doing for the past three years. Niall was upset after my refusal but I showed him my puppy eye look which I knew he couldn't resist and that's what happened. He smiled and kissed my cheek and said it's okay. He gave me the talk. He said to call him anytime I feel uncomfortable or feel anything close to bad.

Anyways, at the moment I was getting ready for school with many thoughts in my head. Some thoughts were about how long it had been since my last beating. My body was almost clear of the bruises and the only things that were left behind were scars. Scars given by my dad's torturous equipments.

But, the major thing that was going on in my head was about my today's date with Xavier. I was really excited for that. I was looking forward to how Xavier would've planned this date of ours. Just the thought of him and me going out was enough for me to blush deep red.

" Sissy,I am ready. And also, I finished my breakfast. It was really yummy. " Matt said coming into my room.

" You look soo pretty. " He smiled and hugged my legs as I was standing.

" Thankyou, baby boy. " I bent down and kissed his cheek.

As it was really cold today, I decided to wear a sweater that Niall gifted me a year ago on my birthday. I paired it with black jeans and tucked the sweater in.

" Uncle will pick you up from school and will take you to his place

" Uncle will pick you up from school and will take you to his place. Make sure you do all your homework and eat on time. Okay? " 

" Okay. But why aren't you picking me up? Am I not being good? " His lips started to tremble and tears pricked his eyes.

" No,no,no. Matt, I am going with my friend after school so that's why I asked uncle to pick you and take you to his house. " I caressed his cheek and wipe his tears off.

" You are not leaving me like mom,right? " 

" No. I will never leave you. I love you soo much Matty. " My voice cracked at the end.

" I love you too. " I pecked his forehead.

.
.
.

I was walking to my locker while checking my phone and just then I bumped into someone. I was about to apologize , but the person who I bumped into beat me to it.

" I'm sorry.  I didn't see you coming. "  A guy.  Good.  Now, he will haunt me down.  But hey, he said sorry. 

" No,no. I am sorry. Not your fault. " I said.

Now that I looked at him I got to see a very handsome sight but not more than Xavier, obviously. This guy was tall, had black hair and black eyes. His left ear had two piercing and all in all he was really good looking. 

But my thoughts broke when I heard him introducing himself.

" It's alright.Anyways, I am Colton and I'm new here. "  That's why he apologized because he was new or else he wouldn't have.

" I'm Amelia and welcome to our school. " I welcomed him to this shit hole.

Hearing my name set something in him, as if , he knew me. But he was quick enough to mask that recognition look he had in his eyes. I didn't ask him anything because I knew that he probably knew me by hearing the rumors around here.

" Nice name. " He winked and I mentally rolled my eyes but said thank you. " Um..can you tell me where is the office? " 

 " Sure. Just go straight and take the first left. " He said thankyou and walked away.

Just then I heard someone calling my name and  by the sound of it, I was sure it was Xavier.

" Hey. " He said smiling. By his face, he was looking really happy.

" Hi. " I smiled.

" How are you? Everything's fine? I mean you and Niall took off suddenly yesterday. " He asked with concern lacing his voice.

" Yeah. Everything's good. It was just Niall's mom, she needed something. " I lied. Obviously, I couldn't tell him everything just now. I needed time. 

" Good. So..... " He trailed off.

" So? " I raised my brow, smiling a bit because I knew what he was going to ask.

" You excited for our date today? " He asked with an equally excited voice. 

" Yes, I am. " I blushed and I tried to hide it but he started chuckling. I looked at him and he just shook his head.

" You are sooooo cute. " He pinched my cheek and I pushed his hand away playfully.

" Shut up. And we should get to class because I don't want us to get detention. " I said sternly.

" Okay ma'am. Let's go. " He  looked at my hand and then at me and then again at my hand and then at me.

" Yes, we can. " He immediately linked our hands together and I chuckled to myself.

I really appreciated the he asked me first. Because, to be honest I would've gone crazy at his sudden gesture.

He is adorable.

How come I never noticed his adorableness?

" One more thing. " He whispered in my ear. I shivered at this close contact. " You are looking really pretty. " 

" Thank you. " A huge smile made its way on my face.
.
.
.

At lunch, Adam just broke the news that Brittany left the school and she might have left the city as well. To say I was happy would be a lie because I was beyond relieved. I wouldn't be facing her hideous games and beatings were enough for me to breathe at this shit hole.

We were waiting for Xavier and Liam as they were held back by their math teacher. For what?  I didn't know. 

We were laughing as Sofia was making fun of Scott when I heard the chair beside me screeched.

It was Colton.

Colton smiled at me and I smiled back.

" Umm..guys this is Colton. Colton, they are my friends. " I introduced them to him.

" Hey,Col?  Are we sitting here? " I looked behind me and saw a girl of Sofia's height. She had short auburn hair and black eyes just like Colton.

" Guys, this is Lily, my cousin. " That's why she was looking pretty similar to him.

" So, this is Amelia you were talking about. " Melissa looked at me like she was scanning me. Her eyes traveled up and down on my body. By my looks I was uncomfortable and by her looks, she was disgusted. 

Disgusted? Why? 

" Yup. " Colton nodded his head. " She is the one who helped me to get to the office. " 

She just nodded.

Everybody was uneasy by her behaviour. I mean, she didn't even glance at my friends and just sat down on the chair beside Sofia and started eating her food.

" Bubbles, I want help in my history homework. Are you free after school? " Scott cracked the silence.

I was about to answer when Xavier's husky voice cut me off.

" No, she's not. " Xavier looked at me and winked. I shook my head smiling.

" Why? " Scott asked. 

" Because- hey, you are in my place. " Xavier said when he saw Colton sitting beside me. 

" Bro, just sit on the other one. " Colton rolled his eyes.

" Just stand up or he will make you. And I know you won't like the latter one. " Liam said while taking his seat beside Scott.

Xavier was glaring at Colton and I tried to say something but Sofia stopped me. I raised my eyebrow in question but she just put her finger on her lips saying me not to say anything.

" Geezz..okay. Anyways, I was done eating and was about to go but you had to come. Lily let's go to the office to change our classes. "  Lily nodded and stood up to leave.

" Bye, Amelia. " He smiled. " Bye guys. See you around. " He waved and walked out of the cafeteria.

Xavier sat beside me and I snapped my head towards him. 

" What was that? " 

" What was what? " He tried to act innocent.

" That. " I pointed at Colton's direction.

" I wanted to sit with you. Is that a crime,princess? " He made a hurt expression.

" Really? " I rolled my eyes.

" Mmhm. " He smiled innocent

" Shut up you both. " Adam threw a fry at me and I glared at him but he just shushed me. 

" What was with them? Colton and Lily. Especially with that little attitude bitch girl. " Sofia asked.

" I don't know. I just met Colton this morning and he seems like a nice guy. Can't say the same about Lily. " I shrugged.

" Don't talk about him. I don't want to spoil my extremely good mood. " Xavier said.

" That Lily girl will be getting some bitch slap on her bitch face from me very soon. " Sofia clenched her fists.

" Hey, hey. Cool down. No need of violence. " Adam chuckled.

" My question is still unasnwered. Why in hell are you not free after school? " Scott asked at me.

" As I was saying, no, she's not free. Because, it's our date night, Scotty boy. " Xavier grinned. 

" Date night. Not date afternoon, Xavy boy. " Scott grinned back.

" Xavy boy? I like it. " I burst out laughing and so did Sofia.

" Lia, please? Don't call me that. " 

" Can you both just shut your traps? Gosh, you guys are really annoying. " Liam said.

" Scott, I have free period after lunch. You up? " I asked him. I would have asked him to come at my house after school but dad could come any time and I was not taking any risks.

" Okay, done. Thankyou. You are the best. " He blew me a kiss which Xavier instantly caught, threw it on the floor and crashed it.

I was shocked at his childish behaviour but this new feeling erupted in my chest once again. Sure, this was childish but it showed how he didn't like this even it was his friend doing in a joking manner.

" What the freaking fudge was that? " Adam's eye widened.

" No one blow kisses at her but me. " He shrugged and I punched his arm.

Liam and Scott made a gagging sound.

" You guys are adorable and you aren't even dating. " Sofia looked at us dreamily.

" Yet. " Xavier smirked and blew me a kiss which I didn't catch and that made him pout.

" Don't be like that, princess. " 

I heard bell ringing and I took that as an opportunity. 

" Bye, see you in the evening. " I kissed his cheek and ran away blushing hard to myself.

When did I get this bold? 

XAVIER'S POV :-

" Wh..what hap..happened? " I mumbled.

Her lips were on my cheek few seconds ago.

I enjoyed it.

Scratch that, I loved it. 

Oh god help me. 

I just can't wait for tonight...