Unexpected Truth

** After two weeks **

Lia's Pov:

Finally, my exams got over after two long weeks. I didn't perform well because of the mental trauma I was going through. Sam and Nandhini have become so close over the past weeks. I could realise Sam enjoying her company with every passing day. Sakshi and Mithra came home every day and we studied together. Most of the time when we go to Sam's room for clearing our doubts, he would be talking to Nandhini. That is enough for me to spoil my mood for the next few days. I tried hard to concentrate on my studies but I couldn't. I cried myself to sleep each and every day. I was so aware of the fact that I am losing myself and Sam at the same time. But I enjoyed Sam's presence and his care as if it was the last day I might have it. Every night I could feel I was dying but I would get disappointed to wake up alive the next morning.

 Every night I could feel I was dying but I would get disappointed to wake up alive the next morning

In addition to this, Harshad has lately started his love torture towards me. He would call me every day and say how much he missed my smile and my joyful face as I was always spotted lost and in the verge of breaking down. I tried to explain to him that I wasn't interested in him without hurting him. I have put up so much effort to be gentle but I was no longer in the mood to be patient and calm. I was not myself lately and this pressure adds burden to my life. Then I gave up being nice to him which I would regret almost suddenly.

Fighting all these things, I tried to do my exams well but I didn't do it as expected. And finally, our exams are over and I could finally find some time to breathe. Once I was home after my final exams, I slept the whole day. I couldn't sleep at all for the past two weeks due to the mental pressure I was going through. Sleep was the first thing I wanted to do as I couldn't think and decide properly due to the lack of sleep. I had so much to decide and think about so I spent the whole day sleeping.

Next morning, as usual, we headed to the college. We had a few assignments to submit. Once we are done, we would be given semester holidays for about 15 days. I don't want to leave Sam but my mom wanted me to be home. It was almost 6 months since I went home. I terribly miss Max, my doggy. Moreover, I felt staying away from Sam for a few days would make me clear my thoughts. I knew I am no way getting over him but at least I could make myself stronger and prepare myself to hurt less.

Sam walked me to the class. His presence hypnotizing me as usual. No matter how long I spend time with him, I keep wanting more and more of his time. I had to force myself so hard to wave him bye. Once he dropped me in the class, he walked away to his class. I would stand there admiring his walk wondering how I would ever get over this man who kills me with his charm.