Chapter 10 | Caleb's Friends

"Caleb. Come on!" I see the voice came from someone in Caleb's friends . There aren't many with him. Two girls and two guys, five all together. She calls from afar smiling.

"Move on without me! I'll catch up." He says it back to her. She looks a bit disappointed but still goes on.

"Me and my friends were just going to the food court. Want to come?"

Sabrina replies before I can open my mouth. "Sure."

"Great then. Come on. I'll introduce you both." He turns back to where his friends were headed and we follow him.

"Sorry. It's just that there was this really cute guy there and-

"It's okay, Bri. We were trying to get you a guy remember."

She laughs, "Yeah, I guess we were."

Once we catch up with Caleb's friends at the food court he introduces us. "Hey guys, these are my friends. Penelope," he pointed at me, "and Sabrina," this time he pointed at Sabrina.

They all said hello and hey and what's up.

"Penelope, Sabrina, this is Giselle," this time he pointed to the girl who had called him earlier. She had light brown hair and length just below her shoulders. She was light skinned and had green eyes. "This is John." He was from Canada and had dark brown hair that grew little past his ears to the point he had to do the "Bieber hair flip." Actually he had his hair just like Justin Bieber used to. He also had dark brown eyes. "Violet and Andrew." Violet had natural red hair, which was apparently rare, with freckles and hazel eyes. Andrew was African-American and had a small affro.

I grinned at them and put out my hand, "Nice to meet you guys." They shook it and then I could see the cute guy Sabrina was referring to.

"Hey, John," she said in a flirtatious way. She had her hair down so she threw her hair back, and batted her eyelashes. "So, Canada what made you move to America?" The conversations continue between Caleb and his friends as we go up to Taco Bell.

Once we order our food we take it to a table where all of us fit. Sabrina still continues to flirt with John.

"Caleb," says Giselle

"Penelope," says Caleb at the same time as Giselle.

Giselle responds by saying, "Go ahead it can wait."

He turns his head to Giselle, who is sitting next to him, "Thanks." He looks forward, towards me, "There is a a fair next weekend by all the shops and I was wondering if you'd like to go with me?"

Giselle turns to Caleb. Her expression is filled with many feelings. Sadness, confusion, hurt. She looks down sadly as if to hide her emotions.

"Like a date?" I say.

"Oh no. No no. I know you said you wanted to be friends. So as friends. You can bring Sabrina along and she can bring John." I turn to look toward where Sabrina and John are sitting and they seem to be flirting with each other. Those two seem to be really into each other.

"Uhh. Sure."

"What did you want to tell me, Giselle?"

Giselle tries to act as if nothing's wrong. As if she didn't have a crush on Caleb. I can't believe Caleb doesn't see it. "Oh nothing. I just wanted to know if uh." She pauses thinking of something to say. "If you wanted the rest of your soda?"

"Not at all. Here you go." He hands her his soda. She just had one sip during the rest of lunch. Caleb and I keep talking for what seems for hours until the others say we should walk around.