Chapter 15 | Flashblack

I'm barely paying attention in class as I keep thinking about my pregnancy. This should have been something I would be happy about once I was settled and happily married. And out of school not during school.

I'm staring at my desk drawing figures with my fingers. "Penelope." I whip my head up. The teacher, Ms. Santos says, "Please pay attention Penelope. This will be on the test." She resumed teaching and writing something on the board. I zone out again. Thinking.

The bell disrupts my thoughts and I get up from my seat heading towards the door. "That was boring. I almost fell asleep during her lecture. I swear she is the most boring teacher," Sabrina complains.

I start to speak but a guy wearing a football jacket stands in front of me. "Penelope, right?" He has a grin on his face while he tilts his head sideways.

Flashback

"Penelope, right?" He has a grin on his face while he tilts his head sideways. He is wearing a football jacket. There are empty cups all around and a few people making out. There is also music blasting in the background.

I shake myself out of whatever I was seeing. "Yes. May I help you?" I ask confused. I've never spoken to him before. He is part of the popular crowd. Why would he talk to me?

"Nothing. You just haven't said anything. I guess you just do and forget. See you around." He winks at me and walks off. That was weird.

"What was that all about, Pen?"

"That's what I'm wondering." We both walk to our second class. Sabrina talk to me but I don't pay attention. What was he talking about?