𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

Alex, Kyle and Luke sat on the couch worried about Julie and what was going to happen with her dad. Reggie was sitting on an armchair but he didn't seem to be as worried was anyone else. Alex was leaning into Kyle as he played with his hair, trying to calm the blonds nerves.

They were just sitting there when the lights went out.
'What-' Luke began.
'You can't hide forever ghosties.' Carlos Molina said as he scanned his tablet around the dark room, searching to find the ghosts.
'Gotcha!' He yelled before his aunt turned the lights on, making him realise it was only her.

'For the last time, mijo. Ghosts are not real.'
'Typical adult.' Reggie said. 'Remember when we were kids, and they never believed what we said?'
'Yeah. I'm pretty sure that's just a 'you' thing. I was always pretty trustworthy.' Alex said as Kyle continued to play with his hair.

'Shouldn't we be more worried about Julie?' Luke shifted the topic of conversation. 'Her dad just busted her, OK? He's probably making her quit the band.'
'Well, there's not much we can do about that now, but... we can still help Carlos. Adults not believing in children ends tonight.' Reggie said, determined to help the young boy.

The dark haired boy turned around and switched off the light bulb.
'Ghosts aren't real, huh? How do you explain that?' Carlos asked his aunt.
'Light bulbs burn out all the time, Carlos.' The woman reasoned.
'Ooh! Wrong answer, tía.' Reggie got up and began flicking the blinds.

Kyle, Alex and Luke sat there, not even bothering to stop him because they knew it wouldn't work.
At this point Kyle had moved from playing with Alex's hair to just cuddling him. Luke hadn't really noticed it as he was too busy mentally cursing Reggie, he knew Julie would ruin them if they messed up.

Carlos and his aunt were becoming more and more scared (well, Carlos was becoming more excited) as Reggie did more.
Luke went to look at Kyle and Alex to say 'what is he doing?' Only just to see them half asleep in each other's arms.

The two just gave him smiles as he raised his eyebrows and laughed a bit, turning back to Reggie who now had a white sheet over his head. The two lifers ran away as Reggie sat down.
'Do you have any idea what you've done?' Asked Alex, who crossed his arms.
'Yeah, I do. I've defended every kid who's never been believed. Some might say I'm a superhero.' Reggie was proud of himself. 'We should probably hide before Julie finds out.'

The four ghosts got up from the couches and made their way two arcs the studio, ready to settle down for the night.

-

Being a ghost was, obviously, extremely different from being a human. One thing Kyle discovered was that that although he could in fact sleep, he never got tired. So if he did try to sleep, it would take ages. This is what was happening.

The ghost lay in the loft, wide awake because his brain would just not shut off. Luke was sleeping on the couch and the other three had the loft. It had become an unspoken rule that Luke owned the couch.

Kyle lay on his back, staring at the ceiling in the dark. He looked over at Reggie who was clearly resting. Kyle then looked at Alex, who was just as awake as him.
'Hey.' The Kestell boy whispered.
'Hi.' Alex turned onto his side to look at him.
'Cant go asleep?' Kyle asked.
'No. Too many thoughts y'know. This whole 'can't get tired' thing really sucks.' Alex said, sitting up as Kyle did too.
'Yeah, it's weird.' A silence fell between them as Alex played with something in his hands.

'Sooo... what's on your mind?' Kyle asked.
'Ehhhhh...' Alex said hesitantly. 'So like, well, umh.... what are we?' The blond blurted out, surprising Kyle.
'Oh-' Kyle started. 'I dunno. What do you want  us to be?' He asked after a minute.
'I really like you, Kyle.' Alex began

A million thoughts rushed through Kyles head when he said that oh god he dosent want to be with me. He thought.
'I really like you too.' Kyle responded.
'Ever since we have become ghosts everything has been so weird, but you have been the one thing that's been here.'
The Kestell boy couldn't contain his smile.

'So, Kyle Kestell, will you be my boyfriend?' Alex asked him.
'Yes, Alex Mercer, I will be your boyfriend.'

Kyle moved closer to Alex, tucking the blonds hair behind his ear and kissing him gently.
'Awww.' A voice suddenly said.
The couple turned around to see Reggie looking at them. Neither Alex nor Kyle could figure out what to say before Reggie said something else.
'Okay, I'm gonna have to spend ages trying to put my mind at rest again, so please shush.'

Alex and Kyle looked at each other, laughing at their friends reaction before kissing again. The two lay down together and slowly tried to drift away into a sleep.

A/N
It has been a hot second since I update but HELLO! I hope you all had an amazing holiday season for whatever holidays you celebrate or if you don't celebrate any I hope you had an amazing December. I cannot believe that 2020 is almost over.

Thank you all so much for making this year so special for me. I cherish every single one of you so so much. And I am so insanely grateful for all your suppourt.

- Orin <3