𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

The small café called 'eats and beats' was filled with many people, enjoying their lunches and doing work. But for the four ghosts, they were here to get somewhere.

Reggie, Alex and Kyle all sat at a small table with four seats, a lifer sitting in the fourth seat as Luke looked around.

'Now that's a good pic.' Reggie said to the woman sitting at their table, or more so the woman who's table they were sitting at.
'Is this what we're here for? To watch people take pictures of food.' Alex asked.
'It's fun. Watch this. People never stop looking at their phones.' Said Reggie.

To be fair, the dark haired boy was right. Reggie had gotten quite good at using modern technology, often using Julies brother, Carlos', laptop to look at stuff. Kyle, on the other hand, hadn't even bothered to use a mobile phone, or laptop, or any sort of smart device. It's not that he was too stubborn to, he just never got the chance to figure it out.

Reggie began jokingly moving the woman's plate around the table, as she tried to take a picture of her food. Eventually the lady noticed and picked her food up, quickly leaving as she didn't know what was going on.

'Luke said something about this place being a hot spot for the music industry.' Reggie passed on what Luke had told him.
'Probably.' Kyle agreed.
'Yeah.' Alex nodded his head.

Luke quickly walked over to their table, sitting when the lifer had sat just a minute ago.
'Boys, being a ghost definitely has its privileges.' The guitarist said, sitting down. 'I just wrote our names on the playlist for tonight.'

'I'm getting a little worried about him.' Alex whispered, making sure Luke could hear him. 'He keeps forgetting Julie quit the band.' He finished his sentence significantly louder.
'She's gonna come back as soon as she knows we have a great gig.' Argued Luke.
'But if she doesn't come back let's not forget, we do have somewhere else we can play and eat pizza.' Reggie pointed out.

'Dude, I know. It was awesome to be seen by lifers at Caleb's party, but... but we got this with Julie. We don't need him.' As soon as those words came out of Luke's mouth, the weird jolt hit the ghost band again.
'Oh my God, are you guys okay?' Kyle asked them, becoming increasingly worried for the three boys.

'Oh! It's the same thing again! But yeah, I think we're fine.' Alex exclaimed.
'Just like yesterday!' Luke pointed out
'It's feels like that time I was fixing my amp in the rain.' Reggie held his chest in pain.
The three other boys gave him a look.
'You shouldn't...' Alex didn't even bother to finish.

'Ok, Look, do you think somethings wrong with us?' The Mercer boy asked the group.
'Yeah. Yeah, we ate ten pounds of pizza yesterday without a stomach. I'm sure it's just our bodies working though it.' Luke said.
'Yous guys got to eat?' Asked Kyle. 'Lucky.'

'So we're just gonna forget about getting back at Trevor?' Reggie changed the subject. 'That jerk stole our music.'
'And he has to live with that guilt. It's just like Julie said. We have a new band, a new sound, okay?' Explained Luke.

Alex looked out the window.
'Isn't that Willie?' He asked, seeing the boy they had met a few days prior, looking in the window at them.
Willie quickly skated away as soon as he saw that the boys noticed him standing there. Alex got up to follow him but it was too late, he had skated away.

-

'Are you three seriously stupid enough to thing that will work?' Kyle asked the three ghosts as he sat on the couch, throwing a ball in the air and catching it.

'It obviously will.' Luke said, very sure of himself. 'I'll use my charm.'
Kyle chuckled as he raised his eyebrows, earning an offended look from Luke.

The three had been there for around three hours, waiting for Julies return to give her some weird form of apology, and now was the time.

The Molina girl walked in as Reggie stepped from behind Luke 'We're sorry.' Reggie sang.
Alex then also stepped out from behind Luke.
'So sorry.' The blond continued.
'We're super-duper, crazy, stupid sorry.' Luke sang, with Alex and Reggie joining in on the last 'sorry'

'In case you missed it, we're really sorry.' Reggie added.
'Yeah. I... got that part' Julie said, still extremely upset at them.
'We've been here for, like, three hours.' Alex told her.
'Yup.'
Alex and Reggie exchanged a high-five.
'We almost sang to your little brother.' Luke got up from where he knelt on the floor.
'He comes in here a lot. Mainly to use the bathroom.' Said Reggie.
'Yeah. It's not our favourite part of the day.' Alex half joked.

'But, Julie, it wasn't okay that we flaked on you at the dance last night. We know we let you down.' Luke apologised.
'Yeah, none of us wanted to disappoint you. You're the best thing that's happened to us since we became ghosts.' Alex added to the apology.

'So, in hopes that you'll rejoin the band, we booked a new gig.' Luke stepped forward and gave Julie the poster.
'A mega important, life-changing gig.' Reggie told her.
'Oh, okay. Check it out. Tons of managers go here to listen to new bands.' Luke showed her the poster. 'All we gotta do is blow them all away and we're living the dream.'

'So this means a lot to you, huh?' Julie asked. Kyle could see exactly what she was going to do to them and he knew that that it was going to really upset Luke.
'Kind of how playing in front of my whole school meant a lot to me.'

'Sounds like sarcasm.' Reggie thought out loud. 'I'm starting to think our plan isn't working.'
'It wasn't working from the start, Reginald.' Kyle said, using the boys full first name.
Julie smiled at Kyle, finally realising his presence.

'Look,' Alex began 'we know we messed up.'
'But we need you in the band.' Luke finished.
'Of course you do.,' Julie retaliated  'because without me, no one can see you guys playing. You know, I thought the music we were writing was special, but you're too obsessed with your past to even care.'

'I do care.' Luke argued. 'Our band has a real chance at greatness. I'm not going to let that get away from us again.'
'Uh-huh. Right. So then why did you bail o name to get back at Trevor? I'll tell you why. 'Cause there's only one thing you care about, and that's yourself.' Julie said to Luke before angrily walking away.

'Dude, she didn't mean it.' Alex tried to comfort his friend, but it was no use as he poofed away.
'Where'd he going?' Asked Reggie.
'Where do you think? Remember what today is?' Alex asked.

'What's today, if you don't mind me asking?' Kyle gout up from his seat on the couch.

'Today would have been Luke's birthday.' Alex said.
'Oh...' Kyle trailed off, feeling bad for the boy.

'C'mon, I think I know how to get Julie to forgive us.' Alex said, beginning to walk towards the Molina household.

A/N
Heyoyoyo!!!
So wow! Thank you all for over 4K reads on this book and 200 votes?!?! That's insane!!! I'm so insanely grateful like I cannot even begin to express this enough! Wow!
Anyways I hope you're all having a good day, night etc, and a good December so far! Cant believe it's almost 2021!

Once again thank you so much for reading and I hope you're all well and I send you all my best wishes!
<<33