Chapter 22 "We're Gonna Have Fun!"

A/N: I just woke up tf. Also this was a fun Chapter to write lmao. Sorry if it's not much- just build up to the next chapter which will be more lovey dovey and wholesome :D

You found yourself leaning on the rail of the staircase with a smug little smirk as he let out an exasperated sigh, "I myself think you did absolutely wonderful! Extremely convincing I must say!" You mocked his accent.

Expecting a glare, he burst into a fit of laughter. This physically caught you off guard,

"Who gave this man drugs?"

After his little laughing fit, he pivoted his heels to face you, "Y/n- I need your help-" His words slipped through small bits of laughter.

"Why the hell are you laughing so much? You're acting like-uh-Curtis got railed over by a bus" (not that kind of railing you dirty minded fucks) You rested a hand on his shoulder genuinely concerned for the guy.

"You're funny!"

"No I'm not..." cue awkward laugh.

"You don't get to make that choice doll, anyway- Let's go-" Abruptly, he grabbed a hold of your hand.

skin-to -skin contact. You felt your heart fluttering as it skipped a few beats. Your breaths became slightly hasty. The warmth that radiated from his hand made you want to hold on forever. He too felt the same way. Hand-in-hand, you two raced through the workshops and through the puzzles of hallways.

You two eventually walked into a workshop. Bernard flicked the light switch illuminating the dark.

You gazed over the room, this space had been unbeknownst to you, "Huh- I didn't know this room existed-"

Bernard turned to you, "Yeah- that's because this was my old workspace."

"Ahhh I see-" Your eyes scanned over a small pile of Etch-a-Sketches (If you don't know what that is, i dislike you- jkjk but like how) "I'm guessing you specialized in Etch-a-Sketches" You stifle a few chuckles as you pointed over to the pile with your thumb.

He placed a hand over his heart dramatically, "Ouch y/n-"

You were quick to apologize, "Ahhh- no no no no dude I loved those as a kid! You see- I was a little Picasso as a child" (an artist, if you don't know who tf Picasso is)

Bernard raised the hand he was holding yours in, "Yea- I could tell. I must say you're very handsy-" He chuckled as he released your hand. The absence of warmth left you uneasy. But either way, you had to just shake it off.

"Hey assface- you were the one who held my hand!-" You objected to his snarky little attempt at flirting.

"Nah I remember it the other way around" He turned around and strolled to a desk seeming to be grabbing something.

You objected again, "Well I-" Then he shoved something in your face. Literally. "Ow- wha-" you allowed the object to fall into your hands. It was...a rather fancy peculiar looking watch.

Your mouth gaped open to ask a question, but Bernard was quick to answer, "That's your fathers watch"

You examined the watch, it wasn't out of the ordinary. It was very festive themed to say the least. You were curious as to why Bernard handed you the watch, "Uhm-Am I supposed to give this to him? Or something..." Your voice trailed off with confusion.

"Well- we both will eventually...But i need your help adding something"

"Ahhh yes, the dumbass comes to the genius for help-" You snarkily smirked as you leaned on the nearest desk.

"Yea yea whatever smartass" he chuckled, lightly punching your shoulder. You decided to return his friendly gesture with a slightly harder punch. Uhm...slightly would be an understatement...

"Jeez- I only tapped you-" For a moment, he hissed through his teeth in slight pain as he caressed his shoulder.

"Haha! I am superior in strength!" You threw your hands up in the air ecstatically.

. "Well- wait-"

"Nope-", you held a finger on his lips to shut him up. You then leaned into his ear, "I am superior-" (ahaha might as well say "I'm the top"). He was both flustered...and scared.

Changing the subject, "So what are we doing with this schmancy fancy watch?"

He slightly shook his head, brushing off the flustered feeling he had, "Well, what I wanted to do was add a power reservoir of some sort. Something that tells your father how much power he has left y'know"

You put a finger to your chin, contemplating for a few seconds. Then a small smirk grew, "Alright Barnaby...I know what to do- Let's get some music in here first though! Grab the radio!"

"For the last time my name's not Barnaby" From a slight distance from you, he grumbled as we paced towards another compartment to fetch the radio.

As he strolled back to your direction, you fixated yourself on the desk. Your legs swung as you made little excited claps, "Yay! You and me-" you pointed to yourself with your thumb then pointed at Bernard with your pointer, "We're gonna have fun!"

"...."

"Not in that way you dirty minded fuck-"